Position summary: The Marketing Coordinator (MC) is responsible for marketing and promotion to improve the visibility and sales of TESOL's professional publications, products, and services. The position requires strong written and verbal communications skills, graphic design ability, the flexibility to undertake a variety of tasks, and the initiative to identify marketing opportunities and follow them through to completion.
- Support overall TESOL marketing and communications plan and strategic messaging.
- Assist with creating and implementing marketing plans for membership, events, education, and advocacy programs.
- Assist in implementing member engagement and brand awareness campaigns.
- Write and edit creative, engaging promotional copy for campaign materials including emails, newsletters, print and digital advertisements, web copy, and more as needed.
- Design and create print and digital promotional material as needed.
- Contribute as part of the social media team to share association news, content, publications, event, and education offerings.
- Arrange media and ad buys and continually seek out new opportunities.
- Maintain relationships with designers, advertisers, sponsors, and affiliates.
- Coordinate booth materials for affiliate and related organization conferences.
- Collect data on campaign and promotional performance across channels.
- Contribute to the weekly English Language Bulletin.
Special Requirements of the Position
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of one year working in a communications or marketing environment.
- Direct experience writing, editing, or producing online content or other promotional information and printed materials.
- Knowledge of and/or experience using email marketing platforms, social media, and design applications like Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks or projects effectively, adapt to changing priorities, and demonstrate good organization and follow-up capabilities.
- Excellent computer skills in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Required to travel: Yes, to attend local training, business meetings, and annual convention