Center for Language Education
English Language Instructor Position
The Center for Language Education (CLE) at Southern University of Science and Technology (SUSTech) invites applications for an English-Language teaching position. The successful applicant will teach a diverse range of SUSTech students (undergraduate and postgraduate). SUSTech is a young public university located in Shenzhen, China, near Hong Kong. The primary languages of instruction at the university are Chinese and English.
The Center for Language Education (CLE) is committed to enhancing SUSTech students’ capacity of English and other foreign languages through various language programs and contributing to the internationalization of SUSTech. The CLE is dedicated to offering high-quality teaching and the best possible opportunities for foreign language attainment by providing a sustainable multidimensional language learning environment. The Center is expanding rapidly and has a great need for teachers with insight and experience in English language teaching.
- Teaching academic listening, speaking, reading, and writing at various levels
- Providing training for faculty members and teaching assistants in using English as the medium of instruction
- Providing training for the administrative staff to develop English competency
- Curriculum, assessment and materials development
- Participating in department meetings or program support activities as needed
- Candidate must have a master’s or doctorate degree in TESOL, TEFL, Linguistics, Applied Linguistics or a related field
- Minimum 3 years’ experience teaching English at the college/university level
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: curriculum development, EAP, ESP for STEM, assessment, teacher training, academic writing and communication, English medium instruction, educational technology
- Experience living/teaching abroad is highly desirable
- For applicant with a doctorate degree, evidence of research publication in the field of English language education
Conditions of Employment
Employees in this job title are subject to the terms and conditions of an employment contract. Employment contracts are typically subject to review and renewal on an annual basis. SUSTech provides competitive compensation which includes salary, medical insurance, and other benefits.
Send a CV, cover letter, contact details of three references, scanned copies of academic qualifications and any other supporting materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
More information about the University can be found at http://sustech.edu.cn/en/ and about the CLE at http://cle.sustech.edu.cn/