Location: Lancaster University International Study Centre
Contract Type: Full Time (37.5 hours per week), Permanent
Salary: up to £38,872.20 per annum (DOE)
As the Academic English Skills Coordinator, you will provide academic leadership for the Academic English Skills team of tutors operating across all programmes within the International Study Centre (ISC), working closely with the Head of Curriculum and Progression and other Subject Leaders/ Coordinators to ensure quality assurance and enhancement and an excellent student experience.
* Maintain academic oversight of the delivery, assessment and monitoring of the AES module and other study skills modules where academic skills constitute the primary learning objectives.
* Lead and motivate a team of tutors to ensure the best possible student outcomes and student experience.
* Ensure lessons are appropriately covered when tutors are absent.
* Provide direct line management support for a specified group of full-time and/or sessional tutors.
* Frequently liaise with the Study Group centralised AES team and the Global Head of English Curriculum to ensure network-wide synchronisation.
* Within the AES module, supervise progression tracking and student outcome-focused initiatives, operational within the centre, reporting on these to the Head of Curriculum and Progression.
* Assist with the recruitment of new academic staff as required and according to Study Group policies and procedures.
* Planned and manage the delivery of the Pre-Sessional English Programme (PELP) in collaboration with PELP Coordinators, holding regular meetings with stakeholders from both Study Group and Lancaster University to review and inform planning and development.
* Contribute to the delivery and assessment provision, with a teaching load of up to 15 hours per week (to be agreed upon with the Head of Curriculum and Progression), and provide tutorial support to a specified number of students through the academic year.
* Ensure high levels of automatic progression are achieved for students across all modules within your department.
* Analyse data and feedback from a wide variety of sources and monitor progress towards progression targets, planning and implementing academic interventions where required.
* Work in partnership with the Head of Curriculum and Progression to design and introduce new courses, products and methods of delivery and assessment.
* Contribute to enhancement by proposing course changes to the relevant Study Group or University committee or group.
* Bachelor's degree in a relevant subject (Essential)
* Relevant English Language teaching qualification e.g., DELTA, TEFL, MA TESOL (Essential)
* Leadership and management training (Desirable)
* Experience in providing leadership in a complex multi-disciplinary environment, with evidence of success (Essential)
* Experience in providing feedback to tutors about their performance, which achieved a positive improvement (Essential)
* Experience in HR duties, such as delivering training and taking part in the recruitment process (Desirable).
We are a global pathway provider in International Education, working collaboratively with over 50 universities around the world, offering over 500 undergraduate and postgraduate teaching programmes. Voted as 2017, 2018, 2020, and 2021 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class education to talented students from across the globe.
With a truly global outlook and offices all over the world, our international team uses its expertise, knowledge, and commitment to create opportunities and add value. We are determined to grow and innovate in our field, providing our students and partners with high-quality outcomes across the higher education space.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
We adopt a rolling recruitment process meaning that we review applications as they are submitted. To avoid disappointment, please ensure that you apply ASAP