- Koc University
- Istanbul (TR)
- Salary + benefits
- Closing date
- Feb 7, 2023
- Job Role
- Teacher / Instructor
- Focus Area
- Curriculum Developer, Intensive English Program
- Job Type
About Koç University and ELC
Koç University is one of the premier research institutions in Turkey. Its English Language Center (ELC) provides intensive language instruction to prepare students for the university’s English-medium academic programs. It plays a pivotal role in the students’ transition to university life with approximately 900 students enrolled each year and 50 faculty members.
The ELC invites applications from motivated and experienced English language instructors who would like to join a professional academic program.
- An MA degree in English Language Teaching/TESOL or a relevant subject.
- At least two years of teaching experience in higher education.
- Previous experience as an ESL/EFL teacher.
- Knowledge of various methods of teaching English to non-native speakers.
- Great organizational and communication skills.
- Collaboration with colleagues to provide a positive learning experience to students.
Applicants experienced in curriculum, assessment and educational technology are particularly encouraged to apply.
The ELC offers one-year contracts, renewable on an annual basis. Benefits may include private health insurance, transportation allowance while residing abroad, and an annual home-visit flight ticket allowance to the instructor’s home country for non-local instructors.
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae and the names and contact information for at least three references.
- A cover letter detailing your qualifications and skills relevant to the position.
- Statement of teaching philosophy (2 pages maximum).
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert