English and Exams is a dynamic and global community within the British Council, the UK’s international organization for cultural relations. Be part of a unique global teaching team striving to help English language learners achieve their linguistic, study, work, and life goals.
Our teaching centres and online courses build cultural links between the UK and 38 countries around the world, as well as supporting the cultural relations programmes in arts and sciences delivered by the British Council.
- To maintain and enhance professional development and academic quality in the teaching center, through the management of in-house teacher development programme and support
- To promote and ensure quality teaching and effective learning of English
- To provide learners with a rewarding and stimulating English language learning experience
- To support the wider aims of British Council and its cultural relations mission
- Plan, prepare and deliver up to 25 hours of high-quality English Teaching that meets the needs of different customer groups taking into account individual learning styles.
- Actively engage in professional development and performance management to ensure quality and high standards in teaching and learning and maintain British Councils position at the forefront of best ELT practices.
- Ensure safeguarding and guidelines are applied and upheld in line with standards and policy for the following areas:
- Child Protection
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- Information management
- Health and safety
- Undergraduate Degree (any discipline) Cambridge CELTA or Trinity cert TESOL.
High proficiency in English i.e., full mastery of English across all 4 skills equivalents to user (CEFR C2)
- 2 years post-certificate i.e., CELTA/Trinity cert TESOL experience
- Experience in teaching relevant age groups:
- Adults General English (800+ hours)
- Young adults aged 5-17 (400+ hours)
The British Council in Egypt offers programmes for both Adults and Young Learners and is a seven day a week operation offering classes throughout the day. Most teachers teach Young Learner classes at the weekend and Adult classes (primarily in the evening) on the other days. All teachers have two consecutive days as a weekend.
Local restrictions on employment:
- This opportunity is open to Egyptian and UK nationals. Work permits can only be obtained via the British Council for Egyptian and UK passport holders. Applicants must have a passport that is valid for at least six months from the start date and have a minimum of 2 clear pages to obtain visas.
We provide assistance towards the cost of finding rented accommodation:
- Unaccompanied - 4000
- Accompanied (1 dependent) - 5500 (Accountable)
- Accompanied (2 or more dependents) - 7500 (Accountable)
Annual Leave Allowance: 35 days per annum paid leave plus public holidays (currently 14 days)
Medical Allowance: You and accompanying members of your family will be registered with the Councils Group Medical Insurance.