English and Exams is a dynamic and global community within the British Council, the UK’s international organization for cultural relations. Be part of a unique global teaching team striving to help English language learners achieve their linguistic, study, work, and life goals.
Our teaching centres and online courses build cultural links between the UK and 38 countries around the world, as well as supporting the cultural relations programmes in arts and sciences delivered by the British Council.
- To maintain and enhance professional development and academic quality in the teaching center, through the management of in-house teacher development programme and support
- To promote and ensure quality teaching and effective learning of English
- To provide learners with a rewarding and stimulating English language learning experience
- To support the wider aims of British Council and its cultural relations mission
- Plan, prepare and deliver high-quality English language teaching that meets the needs of different customer groups, taking into account individual learning styles.
- Monitor progress and regularly provide feedback to help manage students’ performance throughout the course, while actively promoting learner autonomy.
- Contribute to the development, evaluation, and improvement of English language courses, materials and related services, in order to meet students’ needs by actively working as a member of the teaching team.
- Complete teaching related administrative tasks to specified standards.
- Actively engage in professional development and performance management to ensure quality and high standards in teaching and learning and maintain the British Council’s position at the forefront of best ELT practice.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Full mastery of English across all 4 skills equivalents to user (CEFR C2): equivalent to IELTS Band 8/9 in each of 4 sections of the academic module.
- Cambridge CELTA/Trinity cert TESOL
- Cambridge DELTA / Trinity DipTESOL or recognised equivalent
- CELTYL/ YL extension or equivalent
- 2 years post-certificate EFL teaching.
- Adults General English (800+ hours)
- Exam teaching (FCE, CAE, PET, KET, IELTS)
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Duration of Job: 1 year with possibility of extension
We can accept applications from people who:
- Can enter Georgia visa free for 365 days OR Are already living in Georgia
Work schedule (as per operational needs): Successful applicants will most probably teach Saturday and Sunday and three working days. Outside of term time there is the opportunity to work fewer weekends. They will teach three quarters of a full teaching schedule minimum, i.e. 24 hours a week, with plenty of opportunities for overtime. (At the British Council a teaching hour is 60 minutes)
During non-teaching periods teachers will be allocated placement testing or admin work up to 28 hours a week.
Health Insurance: All contract teachers receive a contribution to local health insurance.
Annual Leave: 35 days’ paid leave per annum (pro rata for shorter contracts).