Adjunct Faculty Positions
Job Title: Adjunct Instructor - Beginning ESOL
Job Posting Category: Adjunct Faculty
Department: Adult Education - CET
Application Deadline: This position is open until filled.
Salary: This position is placed on the non-credit adjunct faculty pay scale.
Carroll Community College's Adult Education program is seeking two instructors for Beginning level English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) classes starting November 7, 2022. One instructor is needed for an in-person Low Beginner class in Westminster, MD and one instructor for an online High Beginner class using Microsoft Teams. Both classes run Mondays and Mondays from 6:15 - 9:00 PM.
Must be experienced teaching reading, writing, speaking and listening to adult English language learners. Bachelor's degree required; master's degree and/or TESOL Certificate preferred. Experience teaching online preferred for online position. Experience with Future, 2nd. Edition a plus!
The work is normally light work which requires exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Additionally, the following physical abilities are required:
- Hear/talk/communicate - Must be able to exchange information and communicate
- Visual Acuity/ability to perceive or detect surroundings
- Mental acuity - Able to focus, concentrate, understand and convey subject matter
- Repetitive motion (i.e. keyboarding)
- Stand/sit/walk/able to move or traverse from one area to another
College campus, direct contact with students, staff, faculty and the general public in classrooms, common areas, offices and campus environments. Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts which require normal safety precautions typical of such places as office, meeting, and training rooms; use of safe workplace practices with office equipment; computers for data entry and word processing; avoidance of trips and falls; observance of fire and building safety regulations and College policies.
This position is placed on the non-credit adjunct faculty pay scale.
Carroll Community College has the right to revise this position description at any time, and this position description does not represent in any way a contract of employment.
Directions to Apply:
To apply, send resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is open until filled.
To qualify for employment, selected candidates must
- successfully complete a criminal background check (for designated positions)
- be able to work on campus as of the first day of employment
- be a resident of DE, MD, PA, VA, WV, or DC as of the first day of employment
- be currently authorized to work in the US, as the College does not offer Visa sponsorships
- complete an employment application upon request, prior to progressing through the initial interview process
"Carroll Community College is committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. Carroll Community College is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment."