SEMH School in Lewisham is recruiting for a English Teacher /Teacher of English/ SEN Teacher (MPS or UPS ) to start immediately or October 2022 for a fixed term contract!
Popular & Creative SEMH School catering pupils with behaviour difficulties. Outstanding SLT, SEN Teachers, Behaviour Support Staff and overall team. The SEN Teachers at this school have been graded minimally "Good" with outstanding features in their lesson observations. All new teaching staff must be able to achieve this. Teaching is between KS3 to KS4 levels and they also offer functional skills in English & Maths. This school also offers smaller classes with high staff ratios and usually 3 LSAs to one teacher. Class sizes are usually as small as 5-6 children per class.
New opportunity for either an ECT or Experienced MPS or UPS Teacher of English/ English Teacher. This is a full time Monday to Friday post and for the right person there could be a permanent position for an English Teacher / teacher of English. You must be able to offer English literature, language and beneficial if you have experience with functional skills. You would be working with children on a 1:1 basis and within small groups. Supportive English department and senior staff. Also you have great SEN experience; ie SEMH/ ASD/ ODD/ADD/ MLD/ Behaviour. Additionally you can teach fun and engaging English lit. & language classes at KS3 to GCSE. You will also be great at de-escalating behavioural difficulties, be empathetic, resilient and dedicated to ensuring your pupils are the best versions of themselves
The Successful English Teacher/ SEN Teacher (ECT or Experienced) (PT or FT)
- ONLY Suitable to well-qualified MPS or UPS English Literature & language Teacher / SEN Teacher **NOT Suitable for ie EAL/ ESOL/ TESOL/ EFL/ ESL / TEFL Teachers**.
- Well Qualified English Teacher ie GTP/ PGCE/ Teach First/ SCITT/ Cert Ed OR QTS.
- MUST have taught English Literature & Language and Functional Skills at KS3 & KS4 (minimum).
- ECT and Experienced English Teacher / Teacher of English / SEN Teacher (MPS or UPS) welcome to apply
- WORKED with SEN children with behaviour challenges (ie SEMH/ CAMHS / ASD/ ADHD/ ODD/ ADD/ PDA/ Behaviour etc)
- MUST have worked in either a PRU/ Secondary School / Alternative Provision / SEN School as a Teacher of English / English Teacher
- Passionate about working with SEN Pupils
- Can successfully build a strong rapport with your students and engage them well
- Must be able to easily travel to Lewisham Borough