Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. But we’ve got more left to do — and that's where you come in!
Duolingo is the most popular language-learning application in the world, with over 500 million users and over half a billion exercises completed daily. Beyond our core learning product, we have also entered into literacy with Duolingo ABC and English proficiency testing with the Duolingo English Test.
We are passionate about educating our users, making fact-based decisions, and finding innovative solutions to complex problems. We offer meaningful work, limitless learning opportunities, and collaboration with world-class minds. Come brighten your life and over half a billion more!
We are looking for a world-class educator with experience teaching to young children in a Spanish-speaking or bilingual setting. Our ideal candidate has full professional proficiency in Latin American Spanish, demonstrates strong organizational skills, can build effective and engaging course content, and understands the unique challenges of digital education. You will join our cross-functional Literacy team and help support our efforts to deliver the best literacy education in the world through evidence-based practices. Join Duolingo to feel empowered as an educator, impacting millions of learners.
- Design the curriculum and internal pedagogical resources for the Duolingo Spanish literacy course and support other literacy courses
- Develop fun, accessible content in Spanish for emergent, beginner, and early independent readers
- Help develop and implement efficient processes for scaling the creation of educational content
- Help recruit, train, and supervise educational content creators and editors
- Help communicate Duolingo’s teaching methodology to a Spanish-speaking audience
- Teaching experience. You have at least 5 years of experience teaching literacy to children in a Spanish-speaking or bilingual setting.
- Pedagogical expertise. You are familiar with external standards for teaching literacy (e.g., national curricula in Latin America) and can design course curricula that effectively scaffold the learning experience for young children.
- Creative instincts. You can develop and adapt creative educational content for different reading levels.
- Language expertise. You have full professional proficiency in Latin American Spanish and strong familiarity with the cultures of regions where Spanish is spoken.
- Strong communication. You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Operational focus. You are organized and efficient, and strive to continuously improve your workflow and processes.
- MA (or equivalent) in Education or related field or reading license in K-6
- At least 5 years of proven experience in Spanish literacy education
- Ability to work full-time from or relocate to Seattle, WA
Exceptional Candidates Will Have...
- Multilingual language background
- Experience in early elementary education and understanding of child development
We will do everything we can within reason to make sure that your interview takes place in an environment that fairly and accurately assesses your skills. If you need assistance or accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Because Duolingo intends to require all employees to return to work from an office, all employees will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and have received any booster doses as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to remain employed unless they have an exemption to vaccination pursuant to a required reasonable accommodation. This is so that our employees feel safe in the office.