Position: Assistant Center Director in El Jadida, Morocco
The American Cultural Association of Morocco is seeking applicants for the position of Assistant Center Director for the American Language Center (ALC) in El Jadida. The Assistant Center Director is responsible for managing the center in all aspects, including financial and operational management, overseeing the academic program, teacher recruitment, training and evaluation and cultural and community initiatives. The Assistant Center Director will report to an ALC Director and the ACA Executive Secretary.
Management & Leadership
- Oversee the organizational structure and decision-making process with the ALC, according to the center and teacher/staff manuals. Articulate policy and workflow, ensuring effective communication and implementation of ALC and ACA policies. Recruit and manage staff and teachers for the ALC, including native English-speaking teachers. Foster positive working relationships in a diverse workplace, with teachers and staff, extending to the community. Innovate and promote new initiatives, being attentive to different marketing and promotion techniques in the community, including actively using the ALC’s social media and website.
Financial & Reporting
- Oversee the annual budget process for the ALC, with the ACA comptroller. Complete bi-annual audits and desk reviews with the ACA external auditors. Submit timely and accurate quarterly reporting and budgeting and meet financial goals. Update financial reporting with Quickbooks and registration program. Prepare reporting on center statistics, demonstrating comprehension and attention to details such as enrollment and registration numbers, class size, tuition, salary scales. Submit monthly bank reconciliations and quarterly inventory reports and financial backups for review.
Curriculum & Pedagogy
- Review and adapt course curricula, book and resource selection and grading system for English classes annually. Oversee the academic calendar and terms for each year. Define expectations for student learning, focusing on student-centered learning. Organize regular teacher observations, co-teaching, teacher mentors and training process and subsequent evaluations. Motivate teachers and staff, in part through identifying opportunities for teacher and staff professional development and training, including participation in conferences and workshops.
Cultural Events & Community Service
- Ensure active student and center life through participation in cultural and community service activities. Work with ACA cultural team to program diverse cultural activities, including hosting international guests for concerts and workshops. Plan local community service initiatives, partnering with local nonprofit organizations and collaborate with ALCs on larger projects, like the ALC Face-Off or regional debates. Encourage student run clubs, engaging teachers and staff in overseeing administration and organization.
*Other responsibilities to be determined.
The ideal candidate for ALC El Jadida Assistant Director position should have a minimum of two years experience related to non-profit or academic administration and supervisory experience, along with the following qualifications:
- an MA or MS in TEFL or related degree computer literacy, including familiarity with financial and school management software minimum of three years EFL/ESL classroom experience experience in the field of international education interest and experience in cultural programming and community service activities a high degree of cultural sensitivity and experience living/working in Morocco or a similar country ability to work harmoniously with both Moroccans and non-Moroccans excellent planning, organization, interpersonal and liaison skills ability to establish and maintain relationships and the ability to quickly make new contacts in the world of international education both locally and internationally a communicative level of French and/or Arabic a plus American citizen strong preference for candidates with Morocco-specific and ACA-specific experience
The ACA offers a competitive salary based on qualifications and experience, a retirement plan, and medical coverage. A candidate should be able to start work by October 2022.
Applications should be submitted by September 22, 2022 and should include:
1. A curriculum vitae
2. A cover letter
3. An ID-sized photo
4. A photocopy of the information page of your US passport
5. References to contact
Applications may be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 22, 2022.