English and Exams is a dynamic and global community within the British Council, the UK’s international organization for cultural relations. Be part of a unique global teaching team striving to help English language learners achieve their linguistic, study, work, and life goals.
Our teaching centres and online courses build cultural links between the UK and 38 countries around the world, as well as supporting the cultural relations programmes in arts and sciences delivered by the British Council.
- To maintain and enhance professional development and academic quality in the teaching center, through the management of in-house teacher development programme and support
- To promote and ensure quality teaching and effective learning of English
- To provide learners with a rewarding and stimulating English language learning experience
- To support the wider aims of British Council and its cultural relations mission
- Plan, prepare and deliver high-quality English language teaching that meets the needs of different customer groups, taking into account individual learning styles.
- Monitor progress and regularly provide feedback to help manage students’ performance throughout the course, while actively promoting learner autonomy.
- Contribute to the development, evaluation, and improvement of English language courses, materials and related services, in order to meet students’ needs by actively working as a member of the teaching team.
- Complete teaching related administrative tasks to specified standards.
- Actively engage in professional development and performance management to ensure quality and high standards in teaching and learning and maintain the British Council’s position at the forefront of best ELT practice.
- Cambridge CELTA/ Trinity Cert TESOL
- Undergraduate/University degree or equivalent
- Recognised diploma in ELT i.e. DELTA or Trinity DipTESOL (or equivalent)
- PGCE or B.Ed in Primary or relevant subject
- TYLEC or YL Extension to CELTA
- More than 2-year post-certificate (i.e., CELTA/Trinity cert TESOL) experience gained from teaching a variety of age groups and levels, i.e. young learners and adults (we will, however, consider strong applications from candidates who do not meet the two years post-cert requirement):
- Note a minimum of 1200+ hours experience should have been gained from teaching two or more of the following age groups:
- Young learners aged 4 to 7
- Young learners aged 8 to 12
- Young learners aged 13 to 17
- Adults aged 17 +
Duration: 6 months
Contract type: Indefinite
The centre is open 7 days a week. We are looking for hourly-paid teachers to work primarily on a Saturday and/or Sunday.
Teaching Hours: Teaching hours for hourly-paid teachers typically range from 3-9 hours a week and are arranged according to the available time slots of the teacher and the operational needs of the teaching centre.
This opportunity is open to applicants who are currently residing in Taiwan.
Allowances: Fares/Travel/Baggage allowance, Relocation/Transfer Allowances-Not applicable for this role.