Longmeadow, MA Category:
Adjunct Posted On:
Wed Jul 20 2022 Job Description:
- Job Type: PT Adjunct
- Traditional On Ground or Online class: Hybrid
- Undergraduate or Graduate class: Graduate
- Date class is scheduled to begin: End of August 2022
- Class schedule: Program supervisors observe teacher candidates, in-person, a minimum of eight (8) times throughout the year-long practicum. Program supervisors also attend bi-weekly seminar class meeting virtually. MUST be available during the day for observations (school hours).
- Duration of class: Seminar component meets bi-weekly in the evenings.
- Time of class: Program supervisors observe teacher candidates, in-person, a minimum of eight (8) times throughout the year-long practicum. Program supervisors also attend bi-weekly seminar class meeting virtually in the evening. MUST be available during the day for observations (school hours).
Bay Path University seeks an experienced program supervisor to work with graduate students pursuing licensure in English as a Second Language to supervise students in the Eastern and Central Massachusetts area. Program supervisor will Job Requirements:
supervise graduate students in school placements approximately 8 times per student and attend bi-weekly seminar meetings in the evenings.
- Degree requirements for position: Graduate Degree and Massachusetts Educator License in English as a Second Language.
- Previous teaching experience: a minimum of 5-7 years of K12 teaching with a focus on working with English Language Learners.
- Ability to adhere to University policies and procedures.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Should be committed to a culture of diversity, equity, respect and inclusion.
- General knowledge of the University's mission, purpose, and goals and the role this position plays in achieving those goals.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Bay Path University is a diverse community devoted to proactively nurturing a campus-wide culture that promotes and ensures equity, respect, inclusion and safety for all members regardless of race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity, socio-economic background, or physical ability. We are one University that opens our hearts and minds to conversations, to learning and to creating a community that is welcoming of all. Regardless of position, it is expected that each employee will embrace this commitment and demonstrate an attitude of respect toward and acceptance of all members of our community.
Please see job description