When Bay Path opened its doors to students in 1897, it had a very clear goal: to provide a practical, affordable, and career-oriented education to meet the needs of companies, organizations, and communities. From the beginning, Bay Path prided itself on being entrepreneurial, constantly pushing the boundaries of the academic experience to fit the student...to start them on the road of success. We still do.
Today, that spirit and philosophy is more important than ever in higher education. At Bay Path, it's not just the number and breadth of undergraduate and graduate programs that defines us-and we have many-but it is our ability to connect the classroom to learning to leadership to experience to career that is at the core of what we do best. We know the work that needs to be done.
Bay Path University, an independent and not-for-profit institution, was named Among Fastest Growing Baccalaureate Colleges by the Chronicle of Higher Education Almanac, and is a member of the Women's College Coalition. With a main campus in Longmeadow, MA and three satellite locations, (East Longmeadow, Sturbridge, Concord), Bay Path offers undergraduate, graduate (for women and men) degrees, and professional certificates.
We're committed to preparing our students to navigate a constantly changing world. Whether it is one of our innovative academic programs, groundbreaking online learning platform, or through our Women as Empowered Learners and Leaders initiative, we educate our students in ways that will help them to grow, learn to adapt, and always to flourish. Be part of the change.
We invite you to visit our website at www.baypath.edu where you can learn more about Bay Path University.
- Job Type: PT Adjunct
- Traditional On Ground or Online class: Hybrid
- Undergraduate or Graduate class: Graduate
- Date class is scheduled to begin: End of August 2022
- Class schedule: Program supervisors observe teacher candidates, in-person, a minimum of eight (8) times throughout the year-long practicum. Program supervisors also attend bi-weekly seminar class meeting virtually. MUST be available during the day for observations (school hours).
- Duration of class: Seminar component meets bi-weekly in the evenings.
- Time of class: Program supervisors observe teacher candidates, in-person, a minimum of eight (8) times throughout the year-long practicum. Program supervisors also attend bi-weekly seminar class meeting virtually in the evening. MUST be available during the day for observations (school hours).
Bay Path University seeks an experienced program supervisor to work with graduate students pursuing licensure in English as a Second Language to supervise students in the Eastern and Central Massachusetts area. Program supervisor will
supervise graduate students in school placements approximately 8 times per student and attend bi-weekly seminar meetings in the evenings.
- Degree requirements for position: Graduate Degree and Massachusetts Educator License in English as a Second Language.
- Previous teaching experience: a minimum of 5-7 years of K12 teaching with a focus on working with English Language Learners.
- Ability to adhere to University policies and procedures.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Should be committed to a culture of diversity, equity, respect and inclusion.
- General knowledge of the University's mission, purpose, and goals and the role this position plays in achieving those goals.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Bay Path University is a diverse community devoted to proactively nurturing a campus-wide culture that promotes and ensures equity, respect, inclusion and safety for all members regardless of race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity, socio-economic background, or physical ability. We are one University that opens our hearts and minds to conversations, to learning and to creating a community that is welcoming of all. Regardless of position, it is expected that each employee will embrace this commitment and demonstrate an attitude of respect toward and acceptance of all members of our community.
Applicants for this position should attach a cover letter, resume / curriculum vitae, the contact information for four (4) professional, work related references and any other relevant information pertaining to this position and your candidacy. Please apply online. Faxes and emails will not be accepted.
Bay Path University is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty committed to teaching and learning in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, women and all underrepresented backgrounds. An Equal Opportunity Employer, Bay Path University is committed to fostering diversity in its student body, faculty, and staff.
Bay Path University is a smoke and tobacco-free community.
All offers of employment are contingent on satisfactory background checking.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), if you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position please email us at HR@baypath.edu or call 413-565-1168.