Teaching Assistant needed in Bootle Primary School Your new companyHays Education are currently working with a number of primary schools in the Sefton area who are looking to hire SEN specialist Teaching Assistants to join their classroom support staff.As part of an ongoing strategy we are looking to recruit SEN Teaching Assistants to work in various schools providing 1:1 support for pupils who have special needs.Your new roleAs an SEN Teaching Assistant, your job will be to enhance and enrich the learning of the pupil in your care. You will be required to utilise a good knowledge and understanding of what it takes to work with SEN pupils. You will need to be a confident and patient individual who has competent behaviour management skills.You will work in a team with the classroom teacher and other teaching assistants in order to make sure every student is engaged and getting the most out of their classes.Your most important responsibility will be to uphold the highest possible standards of safeguarding in order to protect student well-being, creating a safe and happy environment where all can learn and flourish.What you'll need to succeedTo be considered for the role, you must:
- Have experience working with children with special needs - ASD, Aspergers, ADHD, EBD, ESL etc.
- Have recent and relevant experience working with primary or early years aged children and be able to provide references
- Qualifications in Assisting Teaching and Learning or Childcare is desirable but not essential
What you'll get in returnFlexible working options available.Not only will you receive all the support you need from a DfE accredited recruitment expert, while working for Hays you'll also enjoy a range of employee benefits, including:
- £250 reward every time you recommend a colleague
- Access to free Professional Development Training
- Option to join our Guarantee Payment Scheme
- Holiday Pay
- Option to pay into pension
What you need to do nowIf you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.