Our client has an exciting opportunity for a TEFL English Teacher. Make vibrant, energetic Hong Kong your next move with our client and they will support you every step of the way!
About the company
Now heading towards their 23rd Anniversary, our client is a group of British owned extra-curricular English Schools, (the only such group in Hong Kong) all located in central areas of Hong Kong. They focus on providing a high-quality,interactive, and encouraging learning environment for students between the ages of 3 and 16. Teachers are recruited to work in one of the schools (or occasionally they may be stationed across 2 schools) as part of a team of fluent English-speaking teachers. Classes are strongly geared towards oral interaction as well as reading and writing.
About the role
As a TEFL English Teacher, you will enjoy a supportive and rewarding working environment which starts with a comprehensive induction programme. Our clients teachers have the opportunity to develop their teaching skills whilst experiencing living in wonderful, vibrant Hong Kong.
- You will be key to providing students with an interactive and nurturing learning environment. At the heart of the student experience is their unique class size limit of just 4 students per class
- Such small classes enable teachers to have plenty of one-to-one interaction and really get to know students; creating learning opportunities which aren't possible with larger classes
- Having the benefit of small classes allows teachers to tailor lessons to the individual needs of students and place them into classes according to their English proficiency rather than their age.
- Students are encouraged to speak only in English, ensuring learning is maximised and students reap the benefits of a fully immersive experience
- As well as teaching English, teachers work on building students' confidence and fostering a love of English
- Their lessons are developed to meet the individual needs and skill levels of the students as they progress
As a TEFL English Teacher. you will be provided with a variety of resources divided into different skill areas, and whilst you will have all the guidance and support you need; you are also given autonomy to make decisions within a framework and develop lessons to ensure each student reaches their full potential. There is definitely no 'one size fits all' with this company. Teachers are supported with the following:
- A comprehensive induction plan especially helpful to those who are new to teaching
- Lots of opportunities for training and professional development
- A supportive working environment with senior teachers/managers to mentor less experienced teachers
About the responsibilities
Successful candidates for the role of TEFL English Teacher will be based at one of our clients centres across Hong Kong. You will be responsible for:
- Planning and preparing lessons plans based upon student proficiency
- Teaching children in a small group environment
- Completing relevant administration
To be successful for the role of TEFL English Teacher, you must have / be:
- A Degree (in any field) and either have or be willing to take a TEFL, TESOL or CELTA qualification or have extensive teaching experience.
- Experience of working with children in an instructional capacity
If you are unsure your qualifications and experiences meet our clients requirements, send us your CV and if you are not quite there yet, they can advise on the next steps
About the rewards
For the role of TEFL English Teacher there is a salary on offer of HK$ 22,000 to HK$27,000 per month (circa GBP £27,600 to £33,000 per anmum, pro rata) and benefits include:
- Competitive monthly salary
- Contract completion gratuity bonus
- Retirement Benefit
- Salary advance (if required)
- Work visa sponsorship
- Subsidised teacher accommodation in fully furnished apartments on Hong Kong Island (Quarry Bay area)
- Comprehensive induction and training programme
- Opportunities for career advancement
- 14 days paid holiday and 17 days paid public holiday
- Supportive working environment Sponsored staff socials
- Airport pickup and transport to accommodation
How to Apply
Please note that eRecruitSmart is advertising on behalf of the Hiring Company and your CV will be sent to the Hiring Manager who is responsible for the vacancy that you have applied to. Please only apply if you consent to these terms.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
TEFL, teaching, teacher, Hong Kong,