College of Nano Science & Technology, Soochow University, Suzhou, China - English Language Center
EAP Lecturer Position
The English Language Center (ELC) at the College of Nano Science & Technology (CNST) in Soochow University in Suzhou, China has an opening for a qualified lecturer in English for Academic Purposes. The ELC is looking for a creative, adaptable and organized instructor who will be motivated by the challenge of contributing to a young university language center. In addition to teaching some of China’s brightest young minds, the lecturer will work on a small team and be involved in all aspects of curriculum and assessment design, development, and implementation. We are seeking a candidate who thrives on responsibility and can bring enthusiasm, positive energy, flexibility, patience and a can-do attitude to their work. The position is initially for a two-year period, with the possibility of renewal thereafter.
Start Date: Spring semester begins February 20, 2023, but official contract start date is flexible and an earlier start could be possible.
Salary: 20,000 – 30,000 RMB per month, commensurate with experience
- Monthly accommodation allowance
- Monthly transportation allowance
- Annual international round-trip flight allowance
- 30 days' annual paid leave.
- One-time relocation reimbursement, including visa assistance
- Chinese public medical insurance
Required Qualification: Relevant master’s degree
- Two years’ teaching experience in a Chinese higher education environment
- English teaching qualification (i.e. CELTA, DELTA, TEFL/ESL, or similar)
- EAP / ESP curriculum design
- Interest in science
- Delivering classroom English lessons
- Developing syllabi and course materials in cooperation with co-teachers
- Designing, delivering, invigilating, and marking assessments, including use of relevant documents such as Excel spreadsheets
- Providing constructive feedback on students’ performance and coursework as well as academic support through consultations
The English Language Center
The mission of the ELC is to improve the professional academic English and general English communication skills of undergraduate and postgraduate students. As part of the internationalization program at CNST, English will gradually become the medium of instruction for all subjects. The ELC is leading this process across CNST.
College of Nano Science & Technology
CNST is a young college jointly established by Soochow University, Suzhou Industrial Park, and the University of Waterloo in Canada. The college was founded in December 2010, and approved as one of 17 pilot colleges by the Ministry of Education in October 2011, with the hope of reforming China’s higher education system. It aims to cultivate students with international vision and international competitiveness.
CNST offers bachelor, master, and PhD degree programs in nano materials and technology, and is dedicated to high-quality science education that meets the demands of this rapidly changing discipline. Further information about CNST is available on the college website at http://nano.suda.edu.cn/nano_en/, with the ELC page at http://nano.suda.edu.cn/nano_en/5851/list.htm.
Interested candidates should send a CV and cover letter to the ELC Head, Mr. Alexander Brandt at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also direct any inquiries about the EAP Lecturer position or CNST to Mr. Brandt.