Job Title: Coach Inclusion & Diversity Placement
Location: American Express Elite Performance Centre, Lancing
Salary: Up to £30,000 per annum
Hours: Full time
Job Type: 23 month fixed term contract
Deadline Day: 29th July 2022
Start Date: September 2022
Brighton & Hove Albion FC will only consider applications from Coaches who are from Black, Asian and Mixed Heritage backgrounds, including women from all backgrounds.
The Coach Inclusion & Diversity Scheme
As a part of our commitment to improve the diversity of football coaches in the professional game, we are proud to partner with the Premier League to support the Coach Inclusion & Diversity scheme for the 2022/23 season. This season, we are actively encouraging women to embrace the opportunity to aspire to coach in a professional capacity, so that football better represents the wider communities in which it is played, enjoyed and serves.
The scheme will be on a 23-month fixed term contract with us and will have the opportunity to rotate within a multidisciplinary team across our women's and men's pathway. It is a fully integrated and intensive and is designed to accelerate the successful candidates' coaching knowledge and ability to better equip them for a sustainable career full-time coaching work. You will be enrolled to the Premier League's Coach Development Institute Programme (CDIP) which is accredited by Leeds Beckett University. Upon successful completion of the programme, coaches will receive a Diploma in Professional Football Coaching and includes mentoring, workshops, peer learning, projects and FA/UEFA qualifications dependent on need.
Your experience and qualifications
- It is desirable that you have no full-time coaching experience in a premier league or EFL environment - including category 1 academies.
- Up to date qualification which will need to be achieved before the start of employment
- UEFA B licence
- In-date FA Safeguarding certificate - Safeguarding Children Course | The Boot Room (thefa.com)
- In-date Emergency Aid certificate - Introduction to First Aid in Football | The Boot Room (thefa.com)
- DBS certificate (to be arranged via us)
Please apply with us following these guidelines (in Word/PDF format):
- Upload your CV
- Upload a cover letter confirming to us how you match each of the criteria for the application
Please Include answers to the following questions (no more than 500 words per answer):
- Please explain why you would like to join this initiative and what you want to achieve
- What is it that appeals to you about being a full-time football coach? Please provide evidence to demonstrate your desire to be a full-time coach if you successfully complete this initiative
- In your future career as a full-time coach, what would you personally want to do to progress equality, inclusion, diversity and coaching in English professional football?
- Please explain where you see yourself in five and ten years and why
- Please upload reference(s) from a coach developer(s) and/or coach(es) describing your football coaching potential
These can be uploaded separately or together as one document (in word or PDF format)
All personal data that the applicant shares on the equality monitoring form will be submitted separately and not form any part of the application process. This information is collected simply to see if our advert is reaching a wide and diverse range of applicants who are applying for this role. The successful candidate will be selected based on merit as measured against the person specification, set out above.
We are a Disability Confident employer
We are committed to supporting candidates with disabilities. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support your application, do not hesitate to get in touch with our People and Culture team.
We champion diversity and equality
We believe the club benefits from engaging with everyone from a variety of backgrounds, allowing us to meet the needs of a diverse audience. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnership.
Safeguarding is part of everything we do
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expect all colleagues and volunteers to share this commitment.
To be considered for this position, you must be able to demonstrate your right to work in the UK.
To submit your CV for this exciting Coach Inclusion & Diversity Placement opportunity, please click 'Apply' now!