Location: University of Sussex International Study Centre, Brighton
Contract Type: Full Time (37.5 hours), Permanent
Salary: up to £27,000 per annum
We are Study Group. A leading international education provider that partner with leading Universities to deliver bespoke Higher Education pathway courses. An excellent opportunity has opened for a Progression Support Coordinator at our University of Sussex International Study Centre. We are keen to speak to candidates with a wealth of experience in the higher education sector, looking to make a real difference to the lives of international students in the UK.
The main aim of the role is to provide progression support and advice to students with the purpose of maximising student outcomes, achievement and satisfaction levels. This could be through a combination of group and on-to-one sessions held on campus.
- Support students to maximise their chances of automatically progressing to the degree course of their choice whilst ensuring the best possible student experience and achievement.
- Provide personal tutorage support cover to students throughout the semester.
- Gather student information from Personal Tutors on a weekly basis to establish ways of supporting students.
- Meet with allocated Subject Heads a minimum of once a week to discuss students at risk of not automatically progressing, students with poor attendance and any students who may require additional support through attendance, behavioural, welfare and fitness to study issues.
- Meet with students who have poor attendance, liaising with Subject Heads and Directors and updating their support plans as required.
- Support Team Leader in organising events e.g. university activities, faculty fairs, transition events, guest lectures and workshops for student development.
- Ensure effective interaction with Alumni, facilitating involvement of students.
- Support Team Leader in communicating and inviting university partners to include Support Services, Partnership Tutors and progressed students to the Welcome Week
- Support Team Leader in organising social activities and student led activities
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Experience and knowledge of providing academic and/or pastoral support to international/ ESL students.
- Experience of building build strong working relationships with internal and external colleagues
- Experience of using data and reporting systems
- Experience of being able to time manage with the ability to prioritise work, forward think and plan
- Experience of organising events/activities/projects
- Experience of being flexible and working to tight deadlines
We are a global pathway provider in International Education, working collaboratively with over 50 universities around the world, offering over 500 undergraduate and postgraduate teaching programmes. Voted as 2017, 2018, 2020, and 2021 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class education to talented students from across the globe.
With a truly global outlook and offices all over the world, our international team uses its expertise, knowledge, and commitment to create opportunities and add value. We are determined to grow and innovate in our field, providing our students and partners with high-quality outcomes across the higher education space.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.