The English Language Center at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas invites applications for full-time, 9-month, non-tenure track faculty position at the rank of Lecturer for the academic year 2022-2023. The position carries a standard teaching load of four courses per semester or 8 courses per year, or equivalent. The job requires 80% teaching and 20% service obligations. The teaching workload is up to 20 hours (4 classes) per week. The service obligation may include assistance with orientation, placement testing, and social events for students, curriculum design, and ESL tutoring. The successful candidate may teach credit and non-credit intensive ESL classes at all proficiency levels and Composition classes for international and multilingual students. The expected starting date is August 1, 2022. Renewal of the position is contingent upon strong enrollment numbers, excellent performance reviews, and funding.
The successful candidate should demonstrate:
- Excellence in teaching ESL/EFL and Composition classes documented in course evaluations at the college level.
- Substantial experience in curriculum design for in-person, hybrid, and online instruction at all proficiency levels.
- Innovative assessment and flipped classroom experience in Intensive English Program (IEP), academic writing, and ESL/EFL post-secondary contexts.
- Extensive experience with technology, Canvas LMS, and instructional software.
- An active professional development presentation and publication record in TESOL.
- Multilingualism and multiculturalism with strong work ethic, professionalism, and integrity.
- Compassion, advocacy, and commitment to international and multilingual student success.
- Collaboration and a team player mentality to work effectively with faculty, staff, and administrators to accomplish department priorities.
This position requires a Master’s degree in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages), or related field with a specialization in TESOL from a regionally accredited college or university and a minimum of 10 years of experience teaching ESL in higher education settings. Credentials must be obtained prior to the start of employment.
Ed.D. or Ph.D. in TESOL or related field