***EAL Teaching Assistant ***
***Mainstream Secondary School***
July/September 2022 start!
An excellent secondary school located in Brent are looking for an experienced EAL teaching assistant, who is able to work with children on a one to one basis and in small groups. The school highly values the importance of academic knowledge and are wanting to recruit someone who shares this ethos.
You will be working alongside the teachers and other teaching assistants to support children in their attainment and progress. Having the ability to lead a class with experince is a bonus for this role. You will need to support children's learning up to GCSE level, be adaptable accordingly to the needs of the individual children, and make observations and carry out sessions instructed by the teacher to improve progress.
Key skills and experience needed:
- Degree is preferred, in subjects such as psychology and sociology.
- Qualifications such as TEFL or CELTA
- Experience working with children of EAL
- Contribute an enthusiastic and creative approach to learning.
- Support with the delivery of the curriculum.
- High levels of professionalism.
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV to Tiv Suntharesan at Veritas Education.
Veritas Education are currently working on various vacancies so even if this one doesn't fit your exact requirements, we may have something more suitable for you. Please send through your CV or give me a call so we can discuss other opportunities.
- ***Veritas Education offer competitive rates of pay***
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'