If hired, the State Board for Educator Certification will require all first time applicants for an initial credential to be fingerprinted as part of a national criminal background check. A cost of up to $49.00 will be charged for fingerprinting.
To work directly with the DLE/ESL Summer School principal to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the DLE/ESL summer program.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
* Receive all incoming calls, take reliable messages, provide accurate information, and route to appropriate staff.
* Ability to follow directions from multiple teachers and follow an assigned schedule.
* Uphold and enforce school rules, administrative regulations, and state and local board policy.
* Assist teachers, students and parents as needed
* Demonstrate regular and prompt attendance.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
GENERAL QUALIFICATION GUIDELINES Education/Certification/Experience:
* TEA issued Educational Aide Certificate.
* Must be bilingual
* Ability to communicate effectively and manage multiple priorities and projects and work well with children, students, staff and parents.
* May be exposed to outdoor weather conditions during portions of work day.
* Needs to move about inside the classroom or campus to monitor students as necessary.
* Maintain emotional control under stress.
* Frequent standing, stooping, bending, pulling and pushing.
* Frequent moving of small stacks of textbooks, media equipment, desks, and other classroom equipment.
* Occasional requires lifting up to 25 pounds.
* Occasional prolonged and irregular hours.
* Ability to understand complex problems and to collaborate and explore alternative solutions.
* Ability to organize and prioritize work schedules of others on short-term basis.
* Ability to make decisions which have significant impact on the immediate work unit and monitor impact outside immediate work unit.