ESL Teacher - Full Time - Derby
An alternative provision in Derby are seeking a full-time ESL Teacher starting ASAP and this is Temporary position with possibility for permanent position for the right Teacher.
The successful applicant will be someone who can prepare course materials and design lessons that cover all aspects of the English language, whether written or verbal. They keep track of student progress and customize individualized plans for students with special requirements. They're also responsible for creating a positive class environment and encouraging students to reach their learning goals.
Duties will include:
- Providing 1:1 and small group support for pupils in KS3 and KS4 with complex Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs
- Working closely with families and the wider community to ensure the provision of effective, holistic support
- Working with young people whose behaviour and disaffection has significant impact upon their attainment
- Improving pupil progress and achievement by helping to minimise barriers to learning and maximise pupil participation
- Devising, implementing, and evaluating specialist programmes of work to encourage and promote a pupils' social, emotional, and behavioural development
- Planning and facilitating structured activities, to support pupils to make appropriate use of unstructured times
- Working effectively and collaboratively with teachers, support staff and external agencies as required to ensure effective support provision for all pupils
We are ideally seeking a ESL Teacher with previous experience providing support for young people with additional needs. You will have excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise with key professionals at all levels. Experience with SEMH and PRU is ideal but an understanding and calming presence that understands the Children and respects them is important.
Working withTeachers UK gives you benefits such as:
- Dedicated specialist consultants committed to getting you your desired employment
- Competitive rates of daily pay
- Attractive refer a friend scheme
Teachers UK a leading education recruitment agency placing Teachers, Teaching Assistants, Cover Supervisors, HLTAs and Nursery Nurses into Schools and Nurseries across East midlands
Teachers UK is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all supply staff to share this commitment. As part of our recruitment process, we will undertake the necessary checks to complete your registration with us, inclusive of a video interview, current references, and DBS check.