Family Life Academy Charter School (commonly called FLACS) is a nonprofit network of high-performing schools in the South Bronx. As stated in our mission statement, our schools "create an orderly, nurturing and dynamic environment where learning is engaging, meaningful, and joyful. All members of the school community (students, parents, and teachers) develop the knowledge, skills, and enthusiasm to continue learning throughout their lives, expand their understanding of what is possible for themselves and their world, and lead productive and satisfying lives." We are guided by this mission and through it, we have revolutionized education for students from K-12. We are currently seeking dynamic individuals to join our teaching staff.
FLACS High ENL and General Education teachers work collaboratively in a teacher team model to plan targeted, high leverage interventions for our students. The FLACS High ENL teacher serves identified English Language Learners as well as students who are identified as needing at-risk interventions.
We are looking for dynamic teachers who are able to...
- Administer required language proficiency assessments NYSITELL used for determining placement, along with ongoing progress monitoring of student's progress
- Administer NYSESLAT in April/May of each year
- Plan, prepare and implement lesson plans that utilize a variety of instructional and differentiated teaching strategies based on the diverse and individual needs of our students.
- Collaboratively plan with general education teachers to identify strategies to instruct students in rigorous academic subjects using a variety of strategies.
- Collaborate with special education teachers to design and execute individualized instructional plans for ENL Students with special needs.
- Monitor ENL program compliance and provide
- Use data to modify and/or design specialized instruction.
- Provide individual and/or small group instruction for students
- Use technology tools for instruction, planning, and communication to enhance student engagement.
- Attend all IEP meetings and complete compliance SESIS expectations
- Constantly assess student progress and communicates to parents
- Participate in collaborative curriculum and professional development, professional learning communities, grade-level activities and school wide functions.
- NYS Teacher Certification Teacher as a New Language Preferred Or TESOL Certification 7-12
- Master's Degree
- Passion and commitment to teaching adolescents
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills