About Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University:
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is an independent, culturally diverse institution providing quality education and research in aviation, aerospace, engineering, and other related fields with residential campuses located in Daytona Beach, Florida and Prescott, Arizona. The University’s Worldwide campus provides educational opportunities online and at approximately 130 locations throughout the United States, Asia, Europe, and Central/South America.
As the largest and most comprehensive aviation and aerospace-focused university in the world, Embry-Riddle is a unique institution. Over the past 90 years, the University has evolved with industry to break new ground and produce top-level graduates who serve the ever-changing needs of aviation and aerospace and other STEM-related disciplines. Embry-Riddle offers programs in seven primary fields of study including: Applied Science; Aviation; Business; Computers and Technology; Engineering; Safety, Security, and Intelligence; and Space.
For Academic Year 2020-21, there were over 10,700 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral students that attended the University’s residential campuses and approximately 32,700 students in total enrolled with the University around the world.
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is hiring an Instructional Specialist in English as a Second Language (ESL) for the Embry-Riddle Language Institute (ERLI), an Intensive English Program at the Daytona Beach campus. ERLI's mission is to provide high quality English language instruction that prepares speakers of other languages to enter and succeed in Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University or another U.S. university. ERLI is accredited by CEA. The primary purpose of this 12-month staff position will be teaching and teaching-related administrative duties.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Teach all assigned classes at scheduled times. Instructional Specialists teach 4 classes each in the fall, spring, and summer semesters.
- Organize instructional planning according to objectives in the ERLI curriculum.
- Complete administrative and record keeping in a timely way.
- Assess student academic progress on an ongoing basis through the use of sufficient and appropriate measures.
- Collaborate on program development with ERLI Committees.
- Contribute positively to student success and student service in philosophy, attitude, and performance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree in TESOL or Applied Linguistics
- Comfortable using computer technology for administrative and teaching purposes
- 1 year of experience teaching in an intensive English program
- Oral and written English fluency
- 1+ years experience teaching EFL abroad
- 2+ years experience teaching at an intensive English program
- Experience in curriculum development and/or assessment
- Experience using Canvas and/or Zoom
- Certificate in TESOL (100+ class hours plus monitored practicum)
- Strong record of professional development activities
Position will be open until filled, and the anticipated start date is August 15, 2022.
To apply, please submit CV, cover letter, teaching philosophy, and three professional references at https://embryriddle.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External/details/Instructional-Specialist--ESL_R303058. Documents should be uploaded on the "My Experience" screen of the online application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.