Full Job Description
EF International Language Campus of English is currently recruiting part-time ESL teachers to teach in-person at our International Language Campus in Miami Beach, Florida.
We are seeking candidates with immediate availability for short and long-term positions.
We offer a variety of different teaching schedules, with all classes being held between 8am and 5:30pm Monday through Friday. Curriculum, supplemental resources, and both initial and ongoing training are provided. EF Miami provides ongoing professional development to our instructors in the field of English language teaching.
Classes are delivered both face-to-face and online, with the majority being taught in-person at our campus in the Miami Beach area. EF Miami campus strictly follows both Florida State Department of Health and CDC regulations, such as requiring masks for all staff and students, maintaining 6ft of distance in the classroom, limiting traffic in hallways, etc. Also, routine testing of students and staff is conducted to ensure a safe working environment.
Duties and responsibilities: Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Teach scheduled contact hours as scheduled by Academic Management
- Provide high quality classes using our Efekta™ blended learning program
- Complete the necessary administrative work required for classes in a timely manner
- Prepare materials and resources relevant to your classes, including project work, quizzes, tests, and assignments as needed for each course
- Help students with queries they may have and communicate this with the appropriate department
- Actively participate in teacher meetings and all staff development activities
- Bachelor's Degree
- TEFL certificate or equivalent
- Minimum 1-year ESL teaching experience required
- Fluent in English (both written and spoken)
- Highly motivated, proactive, and positive
- Organized and thorough and able to work well under pressure and within strict time constraints
- Excellent planning and organization skills, with good attention to detail
- The ability to provide exceptional customer service to students daily
- Experience with standardized ESL exams, such as TOEFL, IELTS or Cambridge is a plus
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, ability, parental status, experience, and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zürich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.
EF Education First is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.