- Support the academic work of multilingual students – including international students, heritage speakers, generation 1.5, and others – through one-on-one tutoring and small group conferences.
- Collaborate with the Coordinator for Multilingual Learning to train and support the student workers in the Office for Multilingual Learning
- Create and implement training for student workers in academic support roles (e.g., Academic Resource Center-ARC tutors, Writing Center consultants)
- Partner with support units across campus (the Academic Resource Center, the Writing Center, First-Year Programs) to design and implement strategies to support the academic needs of all multilingual learners.
- Develop and implement strategies to support multilingual students in making adequate progress while on academic probation.
- Collaborate with the Coordinator for Multilingual Learning and Center for Global Programs staff to develop pre-orientation and orientation programming for first-year international students with English language support needs.
- 10 months: August-May
3+ years university-level instruction/advising experience with a focus on multilingual and/or international students.
BA in TESOL, Linguistics, English, or related fields.
Experience with cross-cultural communication, best-practices in instructional and writing pedagogy relative to multilingual students, experience teaching/advising a wide array of students from diverse linguistic and academic backgrounds.
M.A. in Linguistics, English, TESOL, or related field.
Additional CELTA or other TESOL certification.
Experience with Vietnamese and Chinese international students.
Demonstrated ability to take initiative, work independently and perform as a valued, collaborative team member.