Title: ESL Instructor (per diem)
Reports to: Director of Education and Training
Responsible for classroom instruction of ESL class, following curriculum, maintaining class attendance and student achievements as well as collection of all statistics by funder and compilation of required data entry and reports. Reports to Director of ETC, attends teacher meetings and professional development meetings as appropriate.
- Administering pre- and post- assessments.
- Teaching the ESL classes.
- Maintaining orderly classroom activities and requirements.
- Following curriculum as directed.
- Maintaining student attendance and achievements.
- Coordinating with Program Administrator to insure all program supplies are ordered and class lists and schedules are arranged.
- Attend meetings as directed for teacher updates and professional development.
- BA Degree with a minimum of 2 years of teaching experience; NJ Teacher Certification required.
- Ability to work well with a diverse, multi-cultural population.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
*Note: Employee may be asked to perform other duties or tasks not identified in this list, but which are within the competence of someone with the above skills. The employer reserves the right to modify this job description based upon the company needs.