Teacher of English (Full-Time)
- British Council
- Bucharest (County) (RO)
- RON 9428 – RON 11,193 per month (gross)
- Closing date
- Jul 5, 2022
- Job Role
- Teacher Educator
- Focus Area
- Teacher Education
- Job Type
English and Exams is a dynamic and global community within the British Council, the UK’s international organization for cultural relations. Be part of a unique global teaching team striving to help English language learners achieve their linguistic, study, work, and life goals.
Joining the British Council as a teacher offers flexible opportunities to teach English to young people and adults around the world. Our professional and innovative teaching practices demonstrate and support our values of being open and committed, expert and inclusive, optimistic, and bold
Our teaching centres and online courses build cultural links between the UK and 38 countries around the world, as well as supporting the cultural relations programmes in arts and sciences delivered by the British Council.
- To maintain and enhance professional development and academic quality in the teaching center, through the management of in-house teacher development programme and support
- To promote and ensure quality teaching and effective learning of English
- To provide learners with a rewarding and stimulating English language learning experience
- To support the wider aims of British Council and its cultural relations mission
- Planning, preparing and delivering up to 21 hours of high-quality English language teaching that meets the needs of different customer groups taking into account individual learning styles.
- Monitoring progress and provide regular feedback to help manage students’ performance throughout the course, and actively promote learner autonomy.
- Contributing to the development, evaluation, and improvement of English language courses, materials and related services.
- Ensuring teaching meets the standards expected in Teaching and Learning Reviews, the annual Academic Quality Plans and organisational expectations.
- Supporting local marketing and promotional strategy and assist the teaching centre team in delivering excellent customer service.
- Ensuring safeguarding and other guidelines are applied and upheld in line with standards and policy for the following areas:
- Child protection
- Equality, diversity and inclusion
- Health and safety
- Cambridge CELTA/Trinity CertTESOL or equivalent
- Undergraduate/University degree
- Cambridge DELTA/Trinity Diploma or equivalent
- PGCE/B.Ed in Primary or relevant subject
- TYLEC or CELTYL
- MA (TESOL or another related subject)
- A minimum of 1-year post-certificate i.e., CELTA/Trinity cert TESOL experience gained from teaching a variety of age groups and levels from young learners through to adults.
- Should have experience in teaching two or more of the following age groups:
- Very Young learners <4 (600+ hours)
- Young learners aged 4 to 7 (600+ hours)
- Young learners aged 8 to 10 (600+ hours)
- Young learners aged 11 to 17 (600+hours)
- Adults aged 18+ (600+ hours)
- 29 days leaves (during the ten-month contract). Normally this is split between Christmas and Easter with a mid-semester break in February.
- In addition, there are up to 14 days of Romanian and UK public holidays as determined by Romanian law and the British Council.
- Medical Allowances: The British Council currently provides extra medical cover through a local health care provider, although all teachers have access to the state system which is generally adequate.
- Relocation Allowances: One-off payment of up to 500 GBP for candidates who are currently located outside Bucharest. This accountable allowance can be used to
Role Requirement: The applicants who are applying should have the right to work in Romania.
Use the APPLY button to apply.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert