Full Job Description
Aston International Academy has immediate openings for part-time ESL (English as a Second Language) Instructors for our daytime and evening English classes. Our ESL instructors use the syllabi provided and developed by Aston International Academy, along with appropriate printed materials, to teach English to Adult learners. Instructors will be teaching in person.
Schedule: Mondays and Wednesday 11:15am-2:45pm, starting July 6th. Additional hours could be offered to the right candidate in the next semester beginning on September 5th.
- Facilitate ESL classes at specified times and days in accordance with schedule and the student's level of language skill
- Maintain complete student records including attendance and grades
- Create lesson plans based upon our curriculum that incorporate consistent improvement in all areas of language skills and meet student learning outcome expectations
- Implement different instructional strategies that relate to lesson objective with a focus on a communicative approach
- Create a positive classroom environment
- Follow all policies and procedures
- Asses students and evaluate their progress
- Administer and create quizzes and exams for students
- Participating in professional development activities and staff meetings
- A Master's degree in TESL/TEFL strongly preferred
- For a non-Master's degree holder, a certificate in TEFL, CELTA, or similar is required
- A minimum of two years teaching ESL to adult learners is required
- Ability to teach to all skill levels
- Ability to teach multi-leveled students at the same time
- Ability to engage and motivate students
- Ability to tailor activities and lesson plans to individual learners
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $21.00 per hour (based on qualifications)
- Flexible schedule
- Cool east side location
- Small team
To ensure full consideration, please apply online by sending:
1) a letter of application
2) a CV
3) the names and contact information of three professional references.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Only electronic applications will be considered.'
Please do not contact the school directly.
Local hires only.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $21.00 per hour