The ESL instructor is responsible for teaching English as a Second Language (ESL) to Beginner and Intermediate level students. The position teaches ESL to adults based on the State of Florida, Department of Education standards. Keeps a record of student attendance, testing student surveys, and program evaluation as needed.
- Must possess a Bachelor's degree in TESOL (or in Applied Linguistics or Education with TESOL Certificate).
- One (1) year of experience teaching and/or working with adults. Graduate Certificate Program in Adult Education and/or experience and knowledge of teaching a diverse adult population.
- Experience working with foreign communities.
- The position requires a minimum of one year of ESL experience in teaching multi-level ability classes is required.
- Good organizational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.