English Language Lecturers & Teaching Assistants
The Foundation Program Department of English at Qatar University is currently recruiting resourceful, culturally sensitive, academic professionals seeking creative input within a diverse EFL/EAP faculty.
Duties & Responsibilities for the Lecturer Position
- Prepare and deliver classes and collaborate with colleagues to develop the program content, program delivery, and teaching methodology.
- Participate actively and contribute meaningfully to teaching and learning through group work, committees, projects, taskforces and assignments. Maintain professional growth through attendance of scheduled professional development sessions. Contribute to student evaluation, counselling, and support operations. Contribute to curriculum development, testing and assessment, and program administration. Complete any other responsibilities assigned by administration.
- Use various ICT (Information Communication Technology) tools to enhance the teaching and learning process.
Qualifications for the Lecturer Position
- Master's degree in TESOL, Applied Linguistics or ELT from a reputably accredited university/ program. (Distance and Blended degrees are not accepted. On-campus degrees are required.) At least three years post-master's EAP / EFL / ESL teaching experience at the university / tertiary level. Overseas experience is desirable. Experience in testing and assessment, instructional technology, and curriculum and materials development. Experience in teaching university-level EAP / EFL / ESL academic writing/research skills is preferred. Previous experience or participation in different cultures and learning environments is preferable. Ability to contribute to an innovative and challenging academic instructional program is an asset. Holding professional teacher certification is preferable (e.g. CELTA, DELTA, Trinity College, etc…)
Duties & Responsibilities for the Teaching Assistant Position
- Provide one-to-one tutoring and small-group activities online and/or in person.
- Oversee and encourage the use of the university’s learning resources including printed, audio-visual, and computer-based equipment, and other learning support methods and materials as they are developed.
- Prepare paper and online support material to be used in support and review sessions.
Qualifications for the Teaching Assistant Position
- Master's degree in TESOL, Applied Linguistics or ELT from a reputably accredited university/program (Distance and Blended degrees are not accepted. On-campus degrees are required.)
- Experience in tutoring at the high school or tertiary level, student support, testing and assessment, instructional technology, and curriculum and materials development.
- Ability to adapt to and participate in different cultures and learning environments.
- Ability to contribute to an innovative and challenging academic instructional program is an asset.
- Ability to work independently, and/or in a group setting both online and on campus.
- Proficient in Information Communication Technology.
- Holding professional teacher certification is preferable (e.g. CELTA, DELTA, Trinity College, etc…)
To apply, please visit the our recruitment page at https://careers.qu.edu.qa/ (keywords: TESOL)