With unrelenting determination and a commitment to excellence, Buffalo Collegiate Charter School
educates students in grades 4 through 12 to graduate from the college of their choice and serve as the next generation of leaders.
Buffalo Collegiate Middle School Science Teacher
Buffalo Collegiate invites energetic and committed educators to apply to the position of Middle School Teacher. Our school is founded upon the belief that all students can achieve at high levels when provided with high expectations and a supportive learning environment. Buffalo Collegiate will build a team of adults who will work tirelessly to fulfill our mission so that all students are firmly on the path to excel in college and become our next generation of leaders.
We currently serve grades 4-8. We will add one grade per year until we graduate our first class of college ready twelfth graders in 2026. We will have grades 4-9 during the 2022-2023 school year. Buffalo Collegiate seeks authentic, dedicated, kind and intellectually curious individuals to join our team.Job Description
The Middle School Science Teacher position is a full-time teaching position for 5th-8th grade. Each teacher is responsible for a combination of lead teaching and intervention work each day.
At Buffalo Collegiate we are committed to the rapid growth and development of our teachers, who receive frequent professional development opportunities and engage in regular cycles of observation and feedback with their instructional coach. Teachers are responsible for the intellectual preparation for each lesson, building strong and positive relationships with students and families, using data to tailor their instruction, and actively collaborating with their colleagues and grade level teams, particularly around lesson planning and norming instructional practices.
- Uphold the mission and vision of the school every second of every day.
- Execute school-wide systems and structures that maximize student learning.
- Reinforce a disciplined culture of high academic and behavioral standards.
- Plan, internalize, and execute engaging and rigorous standards based lessons.
- Submit weekly lessons and unit plans in a timely manner for feedback.
- Create assessments aligned to standards and pacing plans.
- Provide students with frequent and accurate behavioral and academic feedback.
- Identify students who are academically at risk and collaborate with the student support team to initiate and execute effective intervention strategies.
- Consistently use assessment data to refine curriculum and inform instructional practices.
- Actively participate in all professional development sessions and weekly coaching sessions, including an annual three-week staff orientation and training during the summer
- Incorporate feedback from instructional coaches in a timely manner.
- Communicate weekly with families and other key stakeholders
- Participate in collaborative curriculum development, grade-level activities, and school-wide functions.
- Complete all duties and tasks as assigned.
- Unwaveringly high expectations for all students, with the belief that every child should have access to a college education.
- Commitment to upholding and executing Buffalo Collegiate's mission and educational model.
- Commitment to "sweating the small stuff" in order to foster strong habits among students.
- Maturity, humility, strong work ethic, sense of humor, and "roll-up-my-sleeves" attitude.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team and communicate effectively with diverse audiences including students, staff members, families, and community members.
- Mastery and enthusiasm for academic subject.
- Bachelor's Degree required; Master's or advanced degree preferred.
- Dual certification in Special Education, ENL or TESOL preferred.
- Minimum two years of urban teaching preferred.
- Proven track record of high achievement in the classroom.
- NYS teaching credential preferred but not required.
Salary & Benefits
Buffalo Collegiate offers a competitive salary, comprehensive health benefits, and retirement benefits. Aside from extensive professional development, all of our teachers are equipped with a laptop computer, email, high-speed internet access, and all necessary instructional supplies.
Buffalo Collegiate staff will begin the 2022-2023 school year on August 1, 2022.
Commitment to Diversity
Buffalo Collegiate Charter School is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Please attach your resume here. Also, complete the required questions here. These questions should take approximately 1-2 hours. Please keep each response to 150-250 words. Any questions about our hiring process can be directed to Michael Anastasia, Director of Finance and External Partnerships,
Powered by JazzHR