TESOL Education, the content and learning arm of TESOL International Association, is seeking an exceptional ESL professional with the passion and vision for supporting multilingual learners worldwide. The Associate Director, TESOL Education, supports all TESOL Education product development strategy and efforts, including course management, exploring new formats for education programs, seeking out new partnerships, and actively working with the Group Director and TESOL Education staff, as well as other leading professionals in the ESL field, to identify and share trends related to all TESOL Education products. The Associate Director also supports the Group Director in TESOL’s publishing efforts.
- Oversees various online courses and certificate programs as assigned
- Collaborates with TESOL Education team and marketing team to develop and implement messaging and marketing plans
- Helps to analyze education program demographic and registration patterns and implement and analyze participant evaluations of professional development programs
- Directly oversees the registration process for assigned TESOL courses
- Recruit, train, and oversee developers and instructors; monitor contracts and scope of work (SOW) agreements
- Work across departments with appropriate staff to implement special projects
- Provide support on budget tracking, report preparation, and project closeout
Education Engagement and Delivery
- Seeks out new, short- and long-term educational partnership opportunities that will enhance and support department strategic business and revenue development goals
- Maintains knowledge of current best practices and current research for English language teaching and teacher education; create and maintain continuous communication process to impart current information.
- Maintains strong relationships with education professionals and institutions to ensure program and product relevancy
- Represents TESOL Education at the Annual Convention as required
- Collaborates with TESOL Education team, members, and councils to identify emerging trends to develop business plans for suite-based products (print, digital, PL)
- Provides specific content expertise as required
- Provides reports and data as requested
- Provides information and support for special projects
- Updates or develops new courses in Canvas as required
- Collaborates with and assists Group Director on acquiring new content for books and printed products.
- Works directly with authors as required to develop new content
- Assists Group Director in overseeing TESOL Journal and TESOL Quarterly operations
- Collaborates with Group Director and Journal editors to ensure that our members view our Journals as premier offerings by advising on focus issues, marketing materials, and general member outreach
- Active, collaborative member of TESOL Education staff
- As required and appropriate, prepares, implements, and manages program budgets and ensures that overall revenue targets are met, and expenses are kept within budget. Prepares budget revisions, as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree required. Masters in TESOL or higher or related field preferred
- 5+ years program/project management experience
- Professional experience in the field of TESOL
- Working knowledge of technologies used in delivering educational content, including Canvas LMS, webinars, online learning, podcasting, web hosting, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of instructional design principles
- Demonstrated knowledge of educational programs
- Knowledge and/or deep interest in publishing programs and processes
- Experience developing partnership relationships and working with consultants
- Experience in online training and online project monitoring
- Experience in curriculum development, training, or teaching
- Experience in short and long form editing, for example, books and articles
- Experience with social media.
- Familiarity with strategies to translate research findings to practice.
- Experience working in multi-cultural environments
- Experience working with government contracts
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects, tasks, and deadlines simultaneously
- Ability to operate a personal computer and utilize Microsoft Office and a variety of web-based software programs at an acceptable rate of accuracy and speed
- Ability to analyze and organize information
- Ability to produce clear written materials for technical and non-technical audiences and to self-edit most typographic and grammatical errors
- Ability to understand and interpret oral instructions and/or written directions
- Ability to perform close, detail work involving considerable visual effort and concentration
- Ability to effectively work with and serve a diverse community
- Physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position (e.g., ability to sit at a desk and work on a computer for long periods of time, speak on the phone frequently during the day, and travel when needed)
Why Work for TESOL?
TESOL provides a caring, collaborative, and yes, fun culture! And we have some great benefits too, including:
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive benefit plan offering health, dental, vision, short-term disability, and life insurance
- Build your retirement savings plan with employer match of your contribution
- Very generous PTO including vacation, sick time, floating holiday, and personal days
- Summer hours!
- Remote work environment (monthly staff meetings are required at the office)