The Graduate College of the University of Oklahoma is excited to announce our search for an Associate Director of Awards and Programming. The Associate Director will help to administer programs that support graduate students. This position:
* Provides support for English Training and Certification Services (ETCS), including but not limited to:
* Provides administrative support to ETCS and its director
* Assists the ETCS director in certifying the English proficiency of instructors with international backgrounds
* Assists the ETCS director in supporting international graduate students and postdocs in improving their academic English through directed courses, one-on-one coaching, and classroom observation/feedback
* Participates in the New GTA Orientation team through content development and oversight as well as logistics
* Oversees awards, fellowships, travel and research funding, including but not limited to:
* Tracks award budgets and engages with Shared Business Services (SBSC) and academic department staff on award administration
* Provides administrative support to the Associate Dean(s) for award committees
* Engages with Communications Director, Associate Dean(s), and Office of the Provost on annual award announcements
* Engages with the Director of Operations and the Communications Director in planning of celebratory communications about both internal and extramural awards won by our grad, postdoctoral fellows, and graduate alumni as well as in planning celebratory events
Because this position supports multiple areas, we are seeking an individual who is highly organized, dynamic, motivated, and detail oriented. Commitment to furthering the well-being of graduate students as well as competence in matters of diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to this and all positions in the Graduate College. The Associate Director will work closely with Jessica Reynolds, Director of English Training and Certification Services; the graduate assistants for ETCS and the New Graduate Teaching Assistant Orientation; Gail Shelton, Director of Operations; Liz Karr, Associate Dean; and Sherri Irvin, Senior Associate Dean.We are happy to consider both candidates who are already employed at OU and external candidates. Desirable credentials include experience with project management in a higher education setting; experience with award and fellowship administration; and a master's degree in TESOL and/or experience with university students who speak English as an additional language.The Graduate College is a supportive workplace with a positive atmosphere and outstanding professional staff. We value creative, high-quality work and are continually engaged in finding ways to improve support for graduate students and postdocs at OU. We welcome your interest and invite you to contact Jessica Reynolds (Jessica.A.Reynoldsemail@example.com) with any questions about the position.
*Required Education:* Bachelor's degree, AND:
* Required Experience: 12 months in student programming, student services, or closely related experience.
*Equivalency/Substitution:* Will accept 48 months related experience in lieu of the Bachelor's degree for a total of 60 months experience.*Skills*:
* Ability to communicate verbally and in writings.
* Composition and proofreading skills
* Computer skills, including proficiency in navigating and maintaining databases
* Detail oriented for accuracy of data and information
* Highly organized and ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines
* Ability to communicate well and build rapport with students, faculty, and staff
* Ability to read and interpret policy as well as State and Federal regulations
*Advertised Physical Requirements:*
* Sit for long periods of time.
* Occasionally walk and stand.
* Ability to bend, lift, stoop and carry. Ability to engage in repetitive motions.
* Frequent exposure to pressure caused by deadlines and busy periods.
* Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies.
* Masters in TESOL
* Experience with managing programs for international students
* Experience with teaching college-level international students
* Experience with award management and/or administration
* Experience with data management and workflow systems in higher education
If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit [https://hr.ou.edu/Policies-Handbooks/TB-Testing](https://hr.ou.edu/Policies-Handbooks/TB-Testing).*Diversity Statement *
The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving a diverse, equitable, and inclusive university community by recognizing each person's unique contributions, background, and perspectives. The University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a sense of belonging and emotional support for all, recognizing that fostering an inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit of academic and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our institutional mission.*Equal Employment Opportunity Statement*
The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, admissions, employment, financial aid, housing, services in educational programs or activities, and health care services that the University operates or provides.
*Organization: *Graduate College Dean
*Job Location: *Oklahoma-Norman-Norman Campus
*Job Posting: *Apr 26, 2022