Do you love teaching, interacting with international students, and exploring different cultures? If yes, this could be an exciting part-time teaching opportunity for you. We are looking for passionate ESL teachers to join our team.
At Approach, we pride ourselves on creating life-changing opportunities for our international students by providing “high-quality, flexible and affordable English and test preparation programs."
The school has an enrollment of over 900 students attending morning, afternoon, and evening classes on weekdays and weekends.
We are hiring ESL Teachers for in-person classes.
Job Title: ESL Faculty
Classification: Part-time position
Reports to: Academic coordinator
Your mission as a Faculty member of the Approach team is to deliver the prescribed curriculum ensuring teaching excellence and student achievement while providing a fun and rewarding learning experience.
- Deliver online and in-person dynamic, engaging, and enjoyable lessons to our students incorporating technology;
- Maintain a classroom atmosphere conducive to learning, maximizing student satisfaction;
- Assign and grade homework and tests in accordance with syllabi and academic calendar;
- Post grades on quickschools on a weekly basis providing timely feedback to students;
- Accurately report students’ attendance for each class in accordance with the attendance policy;
- Meet with Academic coordinator and incorporate feedback from classroom observations;
- Prepare and update course materials, such as syllabi, homework assignments, handouts, and prepare lesson plans as directed by the Academic team;
- Participate in professional development conferences, PDP internal sessions, and staff meetings
- Effectively communicate with school administrative staff regarding planned and unplanned absences providing clear instructions, complete lesson plans, and materials for substitute teachers;
- Chaperone academic activities and Approach Adventures in accordance to activities calendar;
- Participate in school parties: international lunch, graduation party, annual summer barbecue, Halloween party, thanksgiving lunch, holiday party, among others;
- Review and revise student’s resumes, cover letters, and applications for colleges/universities;
- Write reference letters whenever appropriate for students applying to universities, volunteering positions, and residencies;
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree plus one year of teaching experience, or a
- Bachelor’s degree plus certification to teach the related content containing a practicum component.
Skills and Competencies
Trustworthiness & Ethics
Google docs and sheets
Language Skills (Fluent English Speaker)