High School English as a Second Language Teacher
PrepaTec – Tecnológico de Monterrey in Mexico, invites qualified candidates to apply to the position of English as a Second Language Teacher in one of the following modalities:
- Visiting International Teacher (minimum 1 year, maximum three years)
- Full time (permanent position in Mexico)
- Online International (teaching remotely from your current location)
This is your opportunity to transform your life and have a positive impact on others.
Tecnológico de Monterrey is one of the top 5 universities in Latin America and the top 50 private universities in the world according to QS World University Ranking. It is also considered the best university in Mexico and number 4 in Latin America according to the Times Higher Education.
Our vision focuses on leadership, innovation, and entrepreneurship for human flourishing. We believe that talent and personal growth are key components of our students’ life projects. PrepaTec offers three different high school programs in 33 campi throughout Mexico, serving more than 27,000 students.
We invite you to join the faculty of PrepaTec – Tecnológico de Monterrey, and help our students develop the competencies they need to face the challenges of the future and contribute to improve the world.
Here you will find a platform to develop your skills and become an inspiring and recognized teacher, supported by a collaborative and dynamic academic community.
As a teacher in PrepaTec, your main responsibilities will include:
- Teach English as a Second Language
- 20 hours per week (Visiting International Teacher and Full time)
- 15 hours per week (Online International)
- Report grades punctually.
- Maintain office hours for tutoring.
- Attend professional development and training Develop unit plans and lesson plans based on PrepaTec’s curricula that meet all students’ learning needs.
- Use assessment data to modify short and long-term plans in order to promote all students’ academic performance.
- Embrace and incorporate feedback in the spirit of constant improvement.
- Collaborate with content and grade-level teams to promote an environment of critical thinking and academic rigor.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with students and families based on trust and respect.
- Participate in school events such as staff meetings, open houses, and parent-teacher conferences.
- Meet professional obligations including timeliness and consistency in meeting deadlines.
- English Language native speaker
- Bachelor Degree ESLT, Education, Linguistics, or other related to these subjects.
- Teacher of English as a Foreign Language certificate.
- 2 years of experience as a high school teacher.
- International working experience.
Locations: Mexico City, Guadalajara, Querétaro and Monterrey
Benefits and salary: The salary is competitive according to your experience and credentials. There is also a benefits package.
How to apply? Send your CV, a cover letter and three recommendation letters to the following email: email@example.com
Tecnológico de Monterrey does not discriminate based on one's age, ethnic origin, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, social class, state of health or physical ability, nor religious or political beliefs