Under the supervision of the Director of Ludlow Area & Springfield Adult Learning Centers, assists in providing educational leadership, supervision, and coordination/operational support for HCC ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) initiatives through Ludlow Area Adult Learning Center, Springfield Adult Learning Center, Accelerated Career English, and MassSTEP (ESOL/workforce training) programming. These programs are located primarily at off-campus community locations in close partnership with collaborating agencies, in online and hybrid modalities, and are funded by grants and performance-based models. In partnership with Director of LAALC & SALC, responsible for managing day to day operations, supervising part-time staff, overseeing data collection and entry, and supporting budget management (particularly supply lines). * Part of educational leadership team for grant-funded adult ESOL programs in Ludlow and Springfield, aligning efforts with new guidelines under the Workforce Investment and Opportunity Act (WIOA), and with college, regional, and state priorities and opportunities.
* With Director of LAALC and SALC, responsible for the adherence to MA Dept. of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) program mandates, such as student advising, intake and recruitment, attendance and enrollment policies, transitioning students to new or better jobs or higher education, as well as addressing learning disabilities (diagnosed or undiagnosed), ADA access, and barriers to accessing education such as child care and transportation issues.
* Provides operational support to maintain enrollment at levels that exceed program targets, to ensure continued funding. Oversees the administering of pre- and post-assessment tests of language proficiency.
* Assists in the design and development of new programming and initiatives to strengthen teaching, learning, and curriculum; technology integration; and career and education outcomes for students.
* Analyzes data for continuous improvement.
* Supports data reporting in funder-mandated Literacy Pro Systems Data Management System (LACES database) as well as college data systems, in collaboration with classroom instructors, advisors, and clerical staff.
* Under direction of Director of LAALC and SALC, designs and facilitates program and staff development.
* Works effectively with staff of partner programs (particularly Springfield Technical Community College and the Juntos Collaborative in Holyoke) to fulfill the goals of the funded partnerships.
* Liaison with MassHire One-Stop Career Centers to develop programming serving the ESOL needs of career center clientele, under WIOA.
* Collaborate and innovate, in service of HCC's Mission and Strategic Plan, with a variety of internal and external partners including HCC credit programs, public libraries, school systems, etc.
* In collaboration with Director of LAALC & SALC, provides support and oversight for grant and match budgets, with particulary instructional supplies and technology within program budgets. Creates and monitors Purchase Orders and other expenditures in relation to grant activities, in compliance with grant guidelines and regulations.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
* Master's Degree and more than two years' experience in ESOL program coordination, instruction, or advising, preferably with adults.
* Experience building culturally-responsive educational spaces where all students can succeed, and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff, and student body.
* Awareness of community resources for referral.
* Strong written, interpersonal communication, technology (Microsoft Office Suites and Database Management).
* Master's Degree in Adult Education or ESOL, or TESOL Certification.
* Previous experience coordinating or managing DESE grants and programs.
* Expertise in Universal Design for Learning, instructional design, non-credit to credit pathways, workforce development, or other areas relevant to the role.
*EQUIVALENCY STATEMENT: *Applicants who do not meet the qualifications as stated above are encouraged to put into writing precisely how their background and experience have prepared them for the responsibilities of this position.*Full-time, Non-Unit Professional position*
*Salary Range: *$64,000-$67,000/year, plus a comprehensive State benefits package*Hours:* 37.5/week*Funding Source: *ESOL Grant
***Please Note:*Candidates for employment should be aware that all Holyoke Community College students, faculty, and staff must be fully vaccinated *by January, 2022*. Accordingly, initial employment is dependent upon receipt and verification of full vaccination status records; details of how to fulfill vaccine record verification requirements will be provided during the hire and onboarding process.*- All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States. HCC is not sponsoring H1B Visa. *
*- Pre-Employment Background check, including Criminal History will be conducted for all positions.*Holyoke Community College is committed to excellence and opportunity through diversity in education and employment. Holyoke Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, maternity leave, and national origin, in its education programs or employment.