Why Amerigo?:You are seeking a high-growth career, and we are seeking a global educator! We are pleased to provide you with the opportunity to teach English to international high school students in a fast-paced, energetic environment. Join Amerigo's fast growing community of elite educators and change the face of ESL learning!
Desired Schedule & Hours:
We are looking for a part-time ESL teacher who can support us weekday afternoons/evenings between 4 pm and 10 pm.Overview:POSITION OVERVIEW
The English Language Learning Teacher (ELLT) manages English language development to diverse international students living in a dormitory environment and attending a local private school. Reporting into the English Language Learning Coordinator (ELLC), the ELLT works Amerigo staff and the partner school to develop and implement a supplemental ELL program that promotes student achievement, accelerates acculturation into American culture, and offers a high level of individualized ELL teaching. The ELLT teaches one or more sections of an ELL course in the high school in addition to delivering and managing specific programs that take place within the dormitory environment. In addition, the ELLT offer some English after-school support at the partner school campus.Responsibilities & Qualifications:JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Establishes and maintains an appropriate plan of ELL instruction for all students under the direction of ELLC
- Instructs Academic Reading and Composition (ARC) courses at local partner school(s)
- Establishes, assesses, and monitors student learning goals
- Administers English language proficiency assessments throughout the year to monitor progress as directed
- Keeps records for student profiles, including ongoing student writing portfolios
- Develops a clear system of instructional interventions to share with partner school staff should students plateau in language acquisition
- Creates appropriate learning environment: stimulating, active, safe, respectful, project-based
- Involves students as a resource in planning, peer assistance, school operations and service
- Helps students use a variety of technology strategies to support their learning and ensures students are proficient in navigating the systems of partner schools
- Oversees, reviews, and communicates progress toward goals with Amerigo on a regular basis under direction of ELLC
- Suggests intervention strategies and enacts other intervention strategies as directed by the ELLC
- Is available for proficiency interventions during evening academic study hours according to agreed upon schedule
- Enacts appropriate writing support for English and other classes as directed by ELLC
- ELL Teacher may have opportunities to accompany students on acculturation trips or vacation activities
The successful candidate will be an entrepreneurial, energetic leader with a love of working withadolescents from different cultures and with different learning styles. This person will be organized and have excellent written and oral communication skills. This person must be resilient and reliable while demonstrating an ability to build a strong community culture within a global environment.
Bachelor's Degree in TESOL, education, or other related discipline.
- Willingness to work evenings and some weekends.
- International, multi-cultural exposure, experience working with English as a Second Language students, classroom management training a plus.
- Working knowledge of one other language would be beneficial due to the nature of the work. Mandarin, Cantonese, Korean, Spanish, Russian, or Portuguese language abilities preferred.
- Occasionally move equipment weighting 50 pounds across campus for various campus needs
- Frequently move about inside the residence hall to access different parts of the building
- Frequently ascend/descend stairs to access different parts of the building
Please reach out to careers@amerigoeducation with any additional questions