. - originally founded by George Douris as the Hellenic American Neighborhood Action Committee - is a New York City-based multi-faceted social services organization. The organization was founded in 1972 to serve the needs of vulnerable populations throughout New York City.
The Adult Literacy Program
is seeking a dynamic, hardworking educator, who has significant experience in teaching English as a Second Language as well as working with diverse adults from all backgrounds. The candidate will assume all duties and responsibilities of the absent teacher and will maintain a positive learning environment.Job Expectations
- The candidate will follow lesson plans left by the regular class teacher.
- Open to working in a different class each day.
- Follow through with scheduled assignments.
- Take daily attendance and maintain minimum student attendance as outlined by the contracting agency or funder.
- Maintain students' files with documents pertaining to students' progress.
- Must model professional experience, attitude, and demeanor.
- Must demonstrate an appreciation of diversity.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills that inspire and relate to the student population.
A minimum of an Associate or Bachelor's Degree
, hold a valid Teaching or Substitute license, or TESOL Certification
. Must have the ability to follow both oral and written directions/instructions and must have the ability to communicate effectively through both oral and written means.Rate of Pay:
$34.85 per hourHours:
Monday & Wednesday mornings 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Monday & Wednesday evenings 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Tuesday & Thursday mornings 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Tuesday & Thursday evenings 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Saturdays 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Powered by JazzHR