Title: ESL Academy Academic Dean
Reports to: Vice President of Academics
FLSA Status: Exempt
General Purpose: The purpose of the ESL Academy Academic Dean is to manage all aspects of campus academic operations.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Determine optimum faculty staffing model for the campus; recruit, hire, train and evaluate faculty in cooperation with Program Leads/Managers.
- Train and orient new faculty in overall expectations and campus procedures; ensure new faculty meet with Program Managers or Program Leads for program-specific training.
- Implements strategies and collaborative efforts to increase student retention and program completion rates, maintain high academic standards and ensure continuous improvement.
- Ensure faculty is teaching according to prescribed curriculum and outlined structure.
- Conduct faculty meetings.
- Provide campus leadership and direction.
- Enforce faculty reporting procedures for attendance, grades, academic probation, at-risk students, etc.
- Perform various regular reports including daily attendance rates, staffing, pass/fail rates, retention, etc.
- Collaborate and communicate regularly with Program Managers, Program Leads, Student Services and other Academic Deans to ensure consistent quality delivery of programs and services.
- Respond, investigate and take appropriate action regarding student or staff complaints or concerns.
- Actively contribute to program improvement through participation in ESL Academy's Academic Priority Committee, and Curriculum Review Committee.
- Deliver feedback and input from faculty and students regarding curriculum and instructional materials to the VP of Academics, and Academic Priority Committee.
- Monitor and manage Academic Department budget.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Supervisory: Directly supervises academic staff. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience: The position requires a Master degree in ESL/EFL, two years prior teaching experience required. In cases where the Master Degree is not in ESL/EFL, language teaching faculty must have a specific knowledge base and skill set that includes, at a minimum, the following:
- Language teaching methodology
- The nature of language/languages (e.g., introduction to linguistics
- The structure of English (e.g., syntax, phonology, morphology, discourse)
- Second language acquisition
- Intercultural communication (e.g., sociolinguistics, cross-cultural studies)
- Practicum experience
- Health Insurance.
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Profit Sharing
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (Vacation & Earned Sick Time)
- Employee Discount Program
Company DescriptionOur school is focused on helping students get the skills and support they need to reach their goals. Whether you are looking to improve your professional skills or to pursue further academic study, CSI can help!