Provides students w ith appropriate learning activities and experiences designed to fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical and social growth.Position Qualifications
Duties And Responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Meet Texas "highly qualified" standards.
- Texas Teacher Certificate appropriate for level and subject area of assignment (required for ESL/Bilingual)
- Plan a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students.
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for individual differences.
- Prepare for classes assigned and show written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate supervisor.
- Encourage students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
- Guide the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and, in harmony w ith the goals, establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects, and the like to communicate these objectives to the students.
- Employ a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media consistent w ith the physical limitations of the location provided, and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
- Strive to implement, by instruction and action, the district's philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives .
- Assess the accomplishments of the students on a regular basis and provide progress reports as required.
- Refer students for evaluation by district specialists as required. o Take necessary and reasonable precautions to protect the students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Maintain accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law , district policy, and administrative regulations.
- Assist the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct.
- Develop reasonable rules of classroom behavior. Maintain order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
- Make provisions for being available to the students and to the parents for education-related purposes when required.
- Plan and supervise purposeful assignments for teacher aide(s) and volunteer(s) and, cooperatively with department heads, evaluate their job performance.
- Maintain and improve professional competence. o Participate in district and campus staff development.
- Attend staff meetings and serve on staff committees.
- Maintain a professional relationship w ith colleagues. o Establish and maintain open lines of communication w ith students, parents, and community members.
- Prepare and submit lesson plans in a timely manner in the platform the school utilizes.
- Maintain a minimum number of grades in the Gradebook in a timely manner.
- Meet the mentor teacher regularly (if new teacher)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Small Group Instruction
- English for Speakers of other Languages
- Instructional Strategies
Employment Type: Full Time
Years Experience: 1 - 3 years
Salary: $59,500 - $67,000 Annual