DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Developing and maintaining an appropriate agenda of research and funding; teaching courses for TESOL and bilingual/dual language teacher education, including, but not limited to second language acquisition, methods of TESOL/bilingual education, advising undergraduate and graduate students; and engaging in sustainable partnerships with local schools and districts to build knowledge and improve practices that serve multilingual students.
1. Ph.D/Ed.D. in Education or closely related field at time of appointment.
2. Expertise in TESOL, bilingual/dual language education.
3. Record of scholarly activity commensurate with level of experience.
4. Experience as a TESOL/bilingual teacher in a school setting.
5. Demonstrated proficiency in oral and written communication skills.
6. Demonstrated commitment to and/or experience in equity, social justice, and inclusion in education.
7. Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups/populations.
1. Ph.D/Ed.D. in Education, TESOL, Bilingual/Dual Language Education, Linguistics.
2. Demonstrated ability in culturally responsive teaching and experience teaching at public school environments with linguistically, culturally, racially, and economically diverse students.
3. Three or more years of experience as a TESOL/bilingual teacher in a public school.
4. Evidence of potential for developing, securing, and managing externally funded projects.
5. Experience designing and teaching asynchronous online courses.
6. Successful college or university teaching experience at the undergraduate and/or graduate level.
7. Successful college or university teaching experience in the area of TESOL and bilingual/dual language education.
8. Bilingual or multilingual proficiency.