Tradewind are currently recruiting for a Teaching Assistant to support students who speak English as a foreign language and learning difficulties that have recently relocated from Afghanistan, in a Secondary school in Hammersmith and Fulham, West London. A qualification in TEFL, CELTA, TESOL or similar is ideal to support English language and literacy skills. The role is full time (Monday-Friday) and will start immediately on a long term basis for the full academic year at least, until July 2022.
- Qualification and experience in TEFL (teaching English as a foreign language), CELTA (Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) or TESOL (Teaching English to speakers of other languages).
- Experience supporting young people with learning difficulties, autism / ASD, SLCN or similar learning difficulties in additional to speaking English as an additional language (EAL).
- Strong literacy skills, including written and spoken English skills.
- A caring and professional manner, willing to support with the personal care of pupils.
- Must have legal right to work in the UK and an Enhanced DBS certificate on the Update Service.
The role will be supporting secondary students with various levels of moderate learning abilities and difficulties, aged between 11 and 16 years old. You will also be holding literacy sessions and English language sessions with the Afghan students on either 1:1 or small group basis.
The main responsibility of this fulfilling role is to support the class teacher during lessons with the educational and social needs of pupils who follow a mainstream curriculum, including core subjects of Maths, English and Science, which is adapted to best meet their needs. You will also assist in the practical organisation of group and 1:1 work with students, including in phonics, to engage them and ensure their progress with their written and spoken english. Due to the students' needs and ASD there is a focus on developing Social and communication skills in lessons, during exercise and in group sessions.
The school is a short walk from Parsons Green and or Fulham Broadway district line stations and is also on popular bus routes.
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this fulfilling position as a Secondary Teaching Assistant near Hammersmith and Fulham, West London. Or for more information about the role, contact Tom Meredith on option 3 or .
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer