Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment that attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.
Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill a Coordinator, English Language Learner (ELL) Student Services
position. Reporting to the Dean of Educational Support Services, the Coordinator, English Language Learner (ELL) Student Services will lead and manage the student experience for students who are English language learners, from entry to graduation at Community College of Philadelphia. The Coordinator will collaborate with support services at the College to provide comprehensive and integrated support to the College's ELL demographic. Based upon tracking and analysis of the needs of ELL students, the Coordinator will also create and implement strategic initiatives to increase retention of ELL students. The Coordinator will collaborate with a wide array of offices and departments, including Educational Support Services, Enrollment Management, Student Development, and Academic divisions.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the "Apply" button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
- Medical, dental and prescription drug plans for employee and all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.Job Requirements:Minimum Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree in TESOL, sociolinguistics, applied linguistics, bilingualism, education, or related degree required. Any and all degrees must be from a recognized institutional accreditor.
• Two years of experience in administration and/or advising in an ELL/ESL and multicultural environment required.
• Demonstrated commitment to student-centeredness required.
• Demonstrated success in implementation of successful strategies for retention of students in higher education required.
• Demonstrated program management skills required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills required.
• Ability to handle confidential information required.
• Ability to work both independently as well as collaboratively required.
• Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Word and Excel required.
• Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment and sound decision-making required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, linguistic, ideological, and ethnic background required.Preferred Qualifications
• Masters in TESOL, sociolinguistics, applied linguistics, bilingualism, education or related degree preferred.
• Knowledge of FERPA privacy regulations preferred.