The new American University of Iraq-Baghdad (AUIB) opened in Spring of 2021 and is now hiring for ESL instructors for its English Language Academy. AUIB began as a dream of influential individuals in Iraq and United States business, industry and government who want to see a world-class institution of higher learning established in the city, reminiscent of the days when Baghdad was an educational mecca and flourishing capital of the Muslim world.
20 positions available
Start date: December 1
Successful applicants will be a highly motivated and dedicated educator with expertise in ESL instruction and experience working with international and multi-lingual learners. As part of a newly established institute, the successful applicant (s) will develop curriculum and teach English courses within one of the three programs: Academic Success Program, Corporate Training Program or the Community Education Program.
Teaching Load: 20 hours per week
Administrative hours: 20 hours per week
This position includes the following duties:
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date academic records
- Lead a class of 15-20 students
- Do administrative tasks such as maintaining office hours, tutoring, etc.
- Plan, prepare and deliver lessons to a range of classes and age groups
- Prepare and set test, examination papers and exercises
- Mark and provide appropriate feedback on written work
- Devise, write and produce new materials, including audio and visual resources
- Attend faculty meeting
- Participate in committees as needed
- Native like proficiency
- 5+ years minimum of international teaching experience
- Must have good skills in online teaching use of LMS (Canvas)
- Excellent written and verbal community skills
- Ability to maintain professional with staff, faculty and students at all times
- MA in related field (Education, Applied Linguistics or Linguistics, TESOL)
Applications should include a cover letter addressing the requirements of the position, a resume, and contact information for three professional references. Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled. Confidential review of materials and screening of candidates will begin immediately.