COVID-19 Vaccine Information
In accordance with Washington State Governor’s Proclamation 21-14.1, as a condition of employment, all WSU employees must be fully vaccinated or have an approved medical/religious accommodation no later than October 18, 2021. People are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving their last shot in a vaccine series. Vaccine or an approved accommodation for new employees will be verified no later than October 18, 2021. If the effective date of appointment is October 18, 2021 or later vaccine or approved accommodation status will be verified prior to first day of employment. Please reach out to Human Resource Services (HRS) at email@example.com or 509-335-4521 if you have questions regarding this.
Summary of Duties:
Under the general direction of the Senior Associate Director for International Student and Scholar Services, as an Alternate Responsible Officer for immigration, coordinates and prepares documents, correspondence and reports; screens and/or responds to inquiries regarding case processing, status and related matters. Acts as a first point of contact between the program and departmental personnel, faculty, and other campus offices regarding the program, provides education, outreach and training to all WSU locations on scholar operations.
- High school graduation or equivalent AND two years of experience in the program specialty OR equivalent education/experience.
- Two (2) years of experience in international education, immigration or related field or equivalent education/experience. One (1) year of experience working in a customer service oriented position.
- Must be U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident to be ARO
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and demonstrated interest in international arena.
- Knowledge of complex word processing tasks such as merging and sorting, integrated text with graphics, and creating footnotes and outlines.
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working in a higher education setting and with international population.