Continuing Education and Community Engagement's English Language Institute is hiring a full-time ESL instructor and coordinator.
* Teach 15-20 classes per year, i.e. 14-18 teaching hours per week based on 3 to 4, 70-minute courses 5 sessions a year.
* Assist adjuncts and develop curriculum, materials, assessments and instruction in a particular skill area.
* Keep attendance, record and monitor grades weekly, conduct other administrative tasks related to tracking, supervising and advising adjuncts in your skill area.
* Create a strategic plan and individual professional development goals.
* Act as a liaison between adjuncts and administration with regard to the areas overseen by role as Skill Coordinator, including conducting annual teacher observations, overseeing teachers, and maintaining curriculum in Box and Canvas for your skill area.
* Assist with class substitutions on session off, testing, registration, and ELI activities each term as needed, such as study hall.
* Complete other duties as assigned.
Master's in TESOL or in a related field with a TESOL Certificate and teaching experience, preferably in a variety of skills and levels. The candidate must have at least 2 years of teaching experience.
Experience teaching abroad.
Type Benefited Staff Special Instructions Summary