*Associate Director of The Language Institute-Workforce & Economic Development - Bunker Hill Community College*
* Location: * Boston, MA * Category: * Administrators * Posted On: * Tue Oct 5 2021 * Job Description:*
The Language Institute Associate Director will oversee and support the function of the Language Institute which includes all noncredit ELL programs and language programs in community education, including program development, management and oversight to maintain accreditation compliance. The Associate Director will manage all related programming through contracts or grant resources to ensure enrollment and revenue.
* Reporting to the Director of Workforce and Economic Development, manage all functions related to Intensive English Program (IEP), Basic English as a Second Language (BELL), foreign language classes and Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
* Oversee and lead staff and faculty.
* Oversee English language academic programs including meeting educational standards and requirements to maintain accreditation.
* Work closely with International Education Department to meet F-1 Visa student requirements and maintain student case management.
* Structure the department considering Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL} Standards for Adult Education ESL Programs.
* Manage Institute budget, course scheduling, faculty assignments and program planning. Work with outside entities to obtain and maintain accreditation standards as well as funding opportunities.
* Oversee committees and working group dedicated to curriculum, assessment, and student services.
* Write and submit reports related to the Language institute's progress.
* Work in a team environment with other program staff in the Division of Workforce and Economic Development.
* Support English Language Learner (ELL) goals and outcomes.
* Collaborate with other divisions and departments to ensure students success and development of career pathways.
* Collaborate with the Dean and the Director of Workforce and Economic Development to meet division's goals and objectives.
* Serve on college-wide committees.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Job Requirements:*
* Bachelor's degree in TESOL, English or Education; master's degree preferred.
* Familiarity with BHCC English Language Programs, or other Intensive English/ BELL or equivalent ELL programs in a similar institution.
* Knowledge of TESOL standards and knowledge of CEA Standards for English Language, Programs and Institutions or other international language school standards.
* Effective communication and organizational skills with the ability to maintain schedules and plans.
* Excellent writing skills are essential; a writing sample will be required if interviewed.
* Background/experience in ELL Instruction/ advising work with International students. Project Management experience preferred.
* Experience with Technology and online platforms.
* Position will require some on campus time and remote work.
* Additional Information:*
*Salary Range: $60,000.00-$70,000.00. Salary is commensurate with level of experience.*
*Review Date: To Ensure Consideration, Application Materials Must Be Received By October 21, 2021.*