*Department:*: Workforce & Economic Development
*Locations:*: Boston, MA
*Posted:*: Oct 5, 2021
*Closes:*: Oct 21, 2021 - 11:59 PM EDT
*Ref. No.:*: NUP
*Position ID:*: 137768
About Bunker Hill Community College:
[Bunker Hill Community College (BHCC)](https://www.bhcc.edu/) is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, Massachusetts, in nearby Chelsea, Massachusetts, and at several satellites and instructional sites throughout the Greater Boston area. The largest of the 15 community colleges in Massachusetts, BHCC serves some 18,000 students annually, focusing on holistic student services to ensure student retention and persistence. The College offers certificates and associate degrees, early college and dual enrollment, non-credit community and corporate training, and industry-specific training programs. BHCC is the 8th most diverse higher education institution in the United States, and is an Asian American and Pacific Islander Serving Institution. Bunker Hill is also a Hispanic Service Institution, defined as an institution that has an enrollment of undergrad full-time equivalent students that is at least 25 percent Hispanic students. Approximately 1000 international students attend from 100 countries, speaking more than 75 languages.
Living in Boston
Boston prides itself on being one of the most livable cities in America. Twenty-one diverse neighborhoods offer more than 600,000 residents the opportunity to taste, touch, and experience things from all over the world. Neighbors benefit from exceptional medical facilities, vibrant neighborhood business districts, and a solid network of parks, community centers, and libraries. For more information about Boston go to: [http://www.cityofboston.gov/residents](http://www.cityofboston.gov/residents).
The Language Institute Associate Director will oversee and support the function of the Language Institute which includes all noncredit ELL programs and language programs in community education, including program development, management and oversight to maintain accreditation compliance. The Associate Director will manage all related programming through contracts or grant resources to ensure enrollment and revenue.
* Reporting to the Director of Workforce and Economic Development, manage all functions related to Intensive English Program (IEP), Basic English as a Second Language (BELL), foreign language classes and Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
* Oversee and lead staff and faculty.
* Oversee English language academic programs including meeting educational standards and requirements to maintain accreditation.
* Work closely with International Education Department to meet F-1 Visa student requirements and maintain student case management.
* Structure the department considering Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL} Standards for Adult Education ESL Programs.
* Manage Institute budget, course scheduling, faculty assignments and program planning. Work with outside entities to obtain and maintain accreditation standards as well as funding opportunities.
* Oversee committees and working group dedicated to curriculum, assessment, and student services.
* Write and submit reports related to the Language institute's progress.
* Work in a team environment with other program staff in the Division of Workforce and Economic Development.
* Support English Language Learner (ELL) goals and outcomes.
* Collaborate with other divisions and departments to ensure students success and development of career pathways.
* Collaborate with the Dean and the Director of Workforce and Economic Development to meet division's goals and objectives.
* Serve on college-wide committees.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in TESOL, English or Education; master's degree preferred.
* Familiarity with BHCC English Language Programs, or other Intensive English/ BELL or equivalent ELL programs in a similar institution.
* Knowledge of TESOL standards and knowledge of CEA Standards for English Language, Programs and Institutions or other international language school standards.
* Effective communication and organizational skills with the ability to maintain schedules and plans.
* Excellent writing skills are essential; a writing sample will be required if interviewed.
* Background/experience in ELL Instruction/ advising work with International students. Project Management experience preferred.
* Experience with Technology and online platforms.
* Position will require some on campus time and remote work.
*Salary Range: $60,000.00-$70,000.00. Salary is commensurate with level of experience.*
*Review Date: To Ensure Consideration, Application Materials Must Be Received By October 21, 2021.*
To be considered for this position please upload the following documents to your account:
* Cover Letter
Please be sure to address the Required Qualifications in your documents.
If you need assistance applying through this website please contact our online Help Desk [HERE](https://bhcc.interviewexchange.com/iecreatemodifyticket.jsp)