The KI Part-Time Instructor is responsible for teaching classes within the guidelines of the established KI curriculum. They are also responsible for several administrative responsibilities outside the classroom. Teachers should help international students achieve their academic goals through English language instruction and/or preparation for standardized tests while also maximizing student satisfaction with KI classes. All classes are held in-person at the following locations: New York City, Chicago, Boston (Cambridge), Berkeley, Santa Barbara, LA Westwood, and Seattle. All KI locations are currently hiring. Interested candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Teach any level of classes using the KI curriculum as assigned by the Academic Manager or School Director.
- Maintain a classroom atmosphere conducive to learning with maximizes student satisfaction.
- Effectively counsel and advise students regarding their academic performance and goals.
- Accept and incorporate feedback on classroom performance given by the Academic Manager or School Director to ensure consistent improvement in teaching quality.
- Prepare lesson plans according to the established syllabi and submit to the Academic Manager or School Director upon request.
- Accurately record attendance and submit rosters as directed within required deadlines.
- Accurately record student performance and submit Individual Student Reports (ISRs) to the Academic Manager and School Director as directed within required deadlines.
- Attend instructor meetings and in-house workshops to consistently improve teaching skills.
- Work to incorporate teaching technology (e.g. Smartboard technology) into your lessons in order to offer a dynamic, engaging, and enjoyable student experience.
- Effectively communicate with school administrative staff regarding planned and unplanned absences; provide clear instructions, complete lesson plans, and materials for substitutes.
- Become familiar with and adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Complete other job duties as assigned by the Academic Manager or School Director.
- Bachelor's Degree
- TESOL, CELTA, TEFL Certificate (including practicum) or six months of ESL/EFL teaching experience
- In New York City, TESOL, CELTA, TEFL Certificate (including practicum) or 12 months of ESL/EFL teaching experience
- Superior skills in creating dynamic, interactive classroom experience.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Experience with industry, international students, and/or 1-2 years of international teaching experience.
- One or more foreign language ability
- Lifting up to 20+ pounds
- Visual Acuity
Kaplan International is an equal opportunity employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. If you require any adjustments or additional support within the recruitment process, please contact us directly.
Kaplan International Languages requires that all new hires have proof of COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment. Exemptions for medical or religious reasons are available on a case-by-case basis.